Iconia A700 Car Charger

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
Anyone using a good car charger for Iconia A700? Does the A500 car charger compatible with the A700?

Last edited:

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
Its going to be a problem unless Acer comes out with one, because the tablet charges at 12 volts, which is normal for Acer but the connector is pretty unusual.

Thanks for the info. I read about this in the forum too and they use a self assemble charger from Radio Shack. It's sad noboby is making that cuz I do long trip driving quite a bit. Looks like I have to wait for Acer or get something from Radio Shack. Well thanks anyway.

ericw33

Dec 30, 2011
I just got my A700 & am looking into this. I run allot off of batteries. I just dug up my (dusty) Gateway A60 adapter (a repackaged Acer A500, Gateway is owned by Acer) - I've been running off batteries for over 6-months now & never plugged it into the AC. Same with my Coby MID-1125. I cover it to a degree in that thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2/30541-coby-mid-1125-4g-review.html

Now IMO there are likely a few solutions. The current draw is about the same as the A60/A500 --> 1.5 A @ 12VDC, positive center. I found one adapter already and even if that didn't work I can solder my own solution using a replacement AC adapter (with the proper modified USB connector). I'll post more once I get it done.

Many solutions for CCTV batteries as well, I'll post more if you want.

EW

atlanticcobra

Nov 19, 2012
Hi all if you have the acer A700 dont go buying expensive car chargers, I use the same charger that fits my HTC Wildfire and the desire will work too happy days :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hi all if you have the acer A700 dont go buying expensive car chargers, I use the same charger that fits my HTC Wildfire and the desire will work too happy days :)

It will fit but it won't charge.
The tablet requires 12 volts. The wildfire charger only puts out 5.

Learn to read what the numbers printed on the charger mean.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Icebike said:
It will fit but it won't charge.
The tablet requires 12 volts. The wildfire charger only puts out 5.

Learn to read what the numbers printed on the charger mean.

Ah Icebike, still spreading the goodwill...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ah Icebike, still spreading the goodwill...

Always willing to help out.
After all, people who get in the habit of plugging things in just because the plugs fit will make a costly mistake someday and ruin a perfectly good piece of equipment, or end a perfectly good life.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Icebike said:
Always willing to help out.
After all, people who get in the habit of plugging things in just because the plugs fit will make a costly mistake someday and ruin a perfectly good piece of equipment, or end a perfectly good life.

Ok, I'll give you that, tough love and all.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Anyone using a good car charger for Iconia A700? Does the A500 car charger compatible with the A700?

How about using the supplied AC/DC charger with a quality power inverter???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ericw33

Dec 30, 2011
"..How about using the supplied AC/DC charger with a quality power inverter??? .."

I'm doing that now. It's a modified-sine wave unit, 160-watts, dual outlet sold by Canadian Tire in Canada.

EW