Iconia as a "tv" screen?

Tripzgt

Nov 15, 2011
Hello members of droid tablet forums! This is my first post on this site and it deffinitely will not be my last. I come to you with a question thats been plaguing me for a while and no amount of googling will present an answer. Ive been thinking, since you can use the hdmi port to send signal out to your tv, can you use it to put a signal in? lets say for example, you use it as a small screen fir an xbox or ps3? I know there is software out there for using your tablet as an extra monitor for your computer but is this possible in any way? seems like it should be simple to do. I own an iconia a500 tablet and would love any input. Thank you!

Killjoy

Oct 5, 2011
I'm sorry to hijack your thread but what software do you speak of that allows you to use your tablet as an extra monitor?

Tripzgt

Nov 15, 2011
The software im talking about is called idisplay on the droid market. It costs 4.99 and requires the free software to be installed on the mac or pc. From what i saw on the reviews, its a little buggy, but its worth at least checking out. (Can i get advertising royalties here? haha)