Iconia Color Saturation?

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010
While the Iconia's screen is sharp and bright, the colors on SOME web sites appears washed out. Compare the Google news site on your PC with the Iconia. The Blackberry PB, which I also own, is just as rich as the PC, but not the Iconia. Since the colors on video and on other media appear better, I'm wondering if this is a rendering issue, or if it can somehow be adjusted with an app. Thoughts?

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
While the Iconia's screen is sharp and bright, the colors on SOME web sites appears washed out. Compare the Google news site on your PC with the Iconia. The Blackberry PB, which I also own, is just as rich as the PC, but not the Iconia. Since the colors on video and on other media appear better, I'm wondering if this is a rendering issue, or if it can somehow be adjusted with an app. Thoughts?

I cut-n-pasted this from another thread, cant remember where but give it a try:

Why do pictures always look washed out/blurry in DolphinHd/Stock /Skyfire etc every browser except Opera browser. In Opera pictures etc everything looks sharp but bad thing is that it doesn't support flash.Any one having same problem?
Got the problem solved.
In Stock browser you need to type about:debug in the address bar. Then click on the icon in the upper right hand corner. Click on settings/debug/Use wide viewport. Turn Use wide viewport off and now browser renders pictures etc everything very well.I am loving my A500 more now.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
The color temp on the tab appears to be different....in fact, unless you calibrate your screens, you can expect to see colors showing up exactly the same across screens. Those on the tab seem to be shift toward blue to me.