Iconia does not have "Turn on USB storage" when plugged in

lvilleflyer

Jan 27, 2011
When I plug my Acer Iconia into my comp via mini USB cord supplied, I do not get the usual "Turn on USB storage" tab.
It does come up and say "USB debugging connected.
AND my computer recognizes it, but it does not seem to be connecting completely.
Docs to Go does not recognize it as connected.
The Computer does not show access to external minisd.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If this persists after rebooting your computer, try a different computer.

Also what version of Android are you running.
And your computer, what OS version is that running?

The acer won't show up as a disk drive, its going to show up under the name of Acer. Its a MTP device. So your computer
has to know what to do with that.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
When I plug my Acer Iconia into my comp via mini USB cord supplied, I do not get the usual "Turn on USB storage" tab.
It does come up and say "USB debugging connected.
AND my computer recognizes it, but it does not seem to be connecting completely.
Docs to Go does not recognize it as connected.
The Computer does not show access to external minisd.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
Have you downloaded the driver for your PC from the ACER WEBSITE?
Try that first.

SoHaunted

Sep 22, 2011
you must be running HC3.2 to be able to see the external SD card when connected to the pc.

You must also install the Acer usb driver in order to see the device. if youre running windows xp media player 11 must be installed.

lvilleflyer

Jan 27, 2011
Thanks for the replies!
I have already downloaded the driver to PC.
I ultimately care about getting my Docs to Go to recognize my tablet so it will sync.
Shouldn't the tablet come up with "Allow USB connection" or something along those lines?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for the replies!
I have already downloaded the driver to PC.
I ultimately care about getting my Docs to Go to recognize my tablet so it will sync.
Shouldn't the tablet come up with "Allow USB connection" or something along those lines?
Have you got DTG on your PC? I've omly got it on the A500. On my PC I have MSOFFICE Corporate edition. I don't use the Sync option because I copy the stuff I want leaving the stuff I don't.

Do you have DTG the full version? Certain options are not available with the free version.

lvilleflyer

Jan 27, 2011
I double checked to make sure that My full version is on my Acer. Indeed it is.
on DocsToGo help site, it says to deselect the Debugging.
1-2 secs after I click on the box to deselect Debugging, it automatically gets selected again.

to make matters more confusing,
I decided to try Acersync...
It seemed to work the first time to download my files, but now when I go to sync, it Fails everytime.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I double checked to make sure that My full version is on my Acer. Indeed it is.
on DocsToGo help site, it says to deselect the Debugging.
1-2 secs after I click on the box to deselect Debugging, it automatically gets selected again.

to make matters more confusing,
I decided to try Acersync...
It seemed to work the first time to download my files, but now when I go to sync, it Fails everytime.
Have you tried a different USB port on your PC? I have had issues with USB ports on all the different PCs (laptops, desktops, netbooks...) where a device with not work on one port but when plugged into another it installs and works fine.

I've had this issue almost on a daily basis because I service a large range of MFDs of a particular brand. Some models when I need to do a firmware upgrade the machine needs to be put in a particular mode and I have to uninstall USB composite printing on my work laptop before my laptop will see the MFDs as a mass storage device - so I can copy the MFD's address book and user settings on to the laptop desktop before I do the upgrade.