Iconia Tab A500 Update Download Inexorably Slow

CorkyMuldoon

Jul 25, 2011
Hello, Folks,

New to the forum.

I picked up an Iconia Tab A500 yesterday for the misses' birthday. She is well-pleased with her new toy.

As expected, after connecting the tab to the interweb via WiFi connected to a Cisco E4200 Wireless N Router, I was prompted to install the tablet's update to 3.1. Noted that it was a 356MB file and the download speeds to the tablet were as bad as 4Kb/s.

Downloading other small applications (e.g., kindle, books for same) seemed fine.

There is no external SD card installed. No other custom applications installed except for those originally installed. As the update started just after connection to the internet, the tab obviously isn't rooted (I'm not sure how to do that, anyway).

Any suggestions as to how to get this update? Is it possible to download to an external SD card and then boot the tablet from the external card to force the update?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Muldoon

CorkyMuldoon

Jul 25, 2011
Thanks for the reply, wolfgang.

The misses just called to say she'd cancelled the update, got the pop-up again to restart the update and the download was "screaming," as it should have been.

We used to use the acronym "PFM" in my Navy days. It stood for "Pure Magic." ;)

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
Glad you got the download going.
I looked up inexorably in the Oxford online dictionary and slow is not a definition ;)