Iconia Tab won't play sound on Comedy Central - anyone else?

formermermaid

Jun 30, 2011
I was trying to watch videos of the Colbert Report on Comedy Central's website in my original browser that came with my Iconia Tab. For some reason I can see the video, e.g. The Daily Show, but no sound plays. This doesn't happen if I go to YouTube or CNET and watch their videos, they work fine. So far it is only at Comedy Central. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem and if so, is there a fix? Here is a link if you are reading this on your Tab: Colbert Nation | The Colbert Report | Comedy CentralPlease try to watch it and let me know if it works OK on your device. Thanks a million!

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
It might have something to do with the player codecs not being supported on the unit. I'm hoping that the 3.1 update resolves a lot of issues on the A500 for people and their intended uses. :eek:

formermermaid

Jun 30, 2011
Hi, thanks for answering, I got the 3.1 upgrade today and unfortunately I still have the same problem. I would love to know if other A500 users experience this as well or if it's just a fault in my tablet.

fafalflaw

Sep 27, 2011
im having the same issue....worked fine on my trans the first few days i had it, but the last few times i tried,no. youtube sound works fine. who knows? shame though, i was getting used to going to sleep after a good yuck w jon stewart!

fafalflaw

Sep 27, 2011
The Dolphin browser works tits!...OOops I mean, it seems to be a fine product, Thanks for the tip. Now if only my keyboard did what it's supposed to, any ideas? I have a Asus Transformer, but especially the diacritic keys don't do what they're told. I found out through the grapevine that Up+ 2 = @, but I still haven't found the apostrophe, for example. Anyway,thanks to you I'm back to going to bed with Jon Stewart...yuck! lol
p.s. I mean the dock keyboard has problems, the virtual works just fine.