Iconia W500 Dual boot with android

JabbaDaGrif77

May 31, 2011
I am planning on getting an Iconia w500 because I want to use it for ZBrush and it has just enough juice, but I love the android OS and I'd love to have it on the side. Is there any way that I can dual boot the Iconia with 3.1? If so, where can I get Android, isn't it a open source OS?

mickeyjun

Dec 19, 2011
AHA! I got it to work, Acer W500 running both windows7 and Android 4.0.3. - the best of both worlds. There are a few issues, but I think most of these issues will/can be resolved once the video card conflict is resolved. Here's a quick list of issues: video flickers from time to time, camera force closes, many high quality graphics applications and games do not open, and the screen becomes unreadable after the unit wakes up from sleep. Besides these, the android is working great: the wifi is stable, multi-touch screen is very responsive (upto 4 points), sound, and multi-tasking.

terrymc

Jan 26, 2012
would you be so kind as to supply either instructions and or link to the android software 4.0.3 and the process I have been wanting to do this also for some time