ICOO D80W ultimate problems

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
Hi,

I just got my ICOO D80W ultimate tablet and I'm facing some issues :

1. The screen brightness seems to be low. I have brightness set to full.

2. I tried to run the netflix app, but it seems to be very slow and the scrolling is very choppy.

3. I tried to run the skype app, and it seems I can chat but the video calls don't seem to work well.

4. Sound isn't very loud.

Can some one please give me advice as to how I can fix these problems ? I looked up ICOO's site and it seems like there was a firmware upgrade from may 2012, I'm not sure how to upgrade teh firmware on these devices as I've never owned an android device before. Has anyone else faced these problems on ICOO or other AllWinner A10 based tablets ?

JamesAbortion

Aug 21, 2012
From what I saw most roms at ICOO come in a zip file that has a chinese manual. If you translate it you'd know what to do but basically you need the flashing tool (usb drivers included) and the rom.

Once you have the usb drivers for you device installed you pretty much just run the wizard thing, choose mandatory, follow the instructions, choose format and "yes" on any question that appears. I have my ICOO D50N for 3 days now and did just that a couple of times already with no issues at all.

asingh786

Jul 7, 2012
From what I saw most roms at ICOO come in a zip file that has a chinese manual. If you translate it you'd know what to do but basically you need the flashing tool (usb drivers included) and the rom.

Once you have the usb drivers for you device installed you pretty much just run the wizard thing, choose mandatory, follow the instructions, choose format and "yes" on any question that appears. I have my ICOO D50N for 3 days now and did just that a couple of times already with no issues at all.

Well, I installed the ROM update a few days ago. There was just one ROM update from April/May which says a lot about how much they care for this product. Nothing really changed. I still have the dark screen, skype doesn't work, camera is dark, sound is low.

This 80W is just a horrible device. Can't believe I spent 126$ for this.

Last edited: