ics and problems downloading apps from playstore

biccus8

May 7, 2012
hi i recently bought a cheap pc tablet china made in dubai. when i try to download apps from playstore some download but others such as eurosport and tune in radio do not even appear in the store. when i go to web page to download app it says that device not compatible. it has android 4.0.3 make is x touch and model DFP 7005.is it because appa not upgraded to ics or other problem?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
If the apps are not made to support ICS the PlayStore may not show them. Not all Android apps run on all versions of Android.
Just like with windows. If your not running in compatibility mode, many of the older win 2000, ME, 98 etc programs will not run on it.
So far as I know Android does not have a compatibility mode, so if the app you want is not supported on the version of Android you are running your pretty much out of luck.
Unless someone knows a work around. ?.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The work around is side loading in some cases. Just because an app show incompatible in the Play store doesn't mean it is. If you can find the apk elsewhere you can try and install it and see if it works with your version of Android. Sometimes it will be just fine, sometimes mostly fine and sometimes not work.

jjdoll42

May 9, 2012
Hi >> I have the same Xtouch, bought via groupon. The fix I found is to go to the following link.

Download TuneIn Radio,TuneIn Radio 6.1 Android download | 1mobile.com

The download link, apparently http://f.1mobile.com/mobile_software/utilities/tunein.player_24.apk will work correctly and Tunein then works.

I think the cheap tablet has bad drivers or something and the regular marketplace knows nothing about it.. But the link works!!

Best regards from UAE,

JD

hi i recently bought a cheap pc tablet china made in dubai. when i try to download apps from playstore some download but others such as eurosport and tune in radio do not even appear in the store. when i go to web page to download app it says that device not compatible. it has android 4.0.3 make is x touch and model DFP 7005.is it because appa not upgraded to ics or other problem?