ICS android on tablets what about JB?

Sharkattack99

Sep 19, 2011
Thinking of getting a tablet but iv noticed that they only seem to come with ICS and only like 1 maybe 2 have JB. Iv been looking at Samsung tablets cause im a Samsung fan but they all seem to have ICS likin JB on my note 2 are they starting to update them? I have a kindle fire and dont like it much manly the OS sucks lol. So looking to get an android one.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum. There actually are more and more tablets out there with JB. All the ASUS Transformer line has JB and some of the Samsung's do as well although I can't tell you for certain which ones but JB is still only about 4.6% of the market based on the last figures I saw. Someone else may come along and give you some ideas on some of the other tablets that have it. The ASUS tablets and had jellybean for quite some time now.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Sharkattack and welcome to the forum.....I like your name, almost as creative as mine :-D.
I was checking around myself about jelly bean for my note first edition and my Samsung8.9.I found out that I'll neve get the update on the 8.9 . I remember reading that the galaxy note10" was getting it and I guess by now it did get it and both the galaxy2 7" and 2 10" were good candidates since they both were sold with ics out of the box.....as we talk they might have got the update already ! Are you going to get another Samsung tablet?

Sharkattack99

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks iv been looking at asus tablets too I just havent made up my mind on what one I want yet. Hard decision lol.

Sharkattack99

Sep 19, 2011
Oh I am have a sammy tv laptop blu ray player the galaxy note 2 phone so I was looking at a tablet too but wasnt sure about JB like it on my phone.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Oh I am have a sammy tv laptop blu ray player the galaxy note 2 phone so I was looking at a tablet too but wasnt sure about JB like it on my phone.

ASUS has managed to get updates out quicker than some other tablet manufacturers. The TF300 was among the first non Nexus line to get JB 4.2.

Feb 26, 2013
This is what troubles us aswell.. since JB is as far as we are aware not more demanding with regards system resources than ICS, why don't they gradually switch to JB for all the new devices?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I agree. Anything being released for the last month or more should have come with JB installed.

Sharkattack99

Sep 19, 2011
I dont understand why they dont have the new tablets preinstalled with JB doesnt make sence to me.