Ics for asus slider ???

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Someone have install ics on his asus slider

Welcome to the forum!

I am pretty sure the slider runs the same firmware as the TF101, but I could be wrong. I know some folks who have the TeamEOS ICS ROM and also the Revolver ICS ROM running on the slider with no issues.

JimReid

Mar 1, 2012
I haven't installed it on mine yet. I'm trying to find out about recovery options before trying any new roms. I have an LG phone and use ROM Master to backup and recover, is there something similar for androids? I have version 3.2.1 running on my Asus Eee Slider.

JimReid

Mar 1, 2012
I attempted to install it on my SL101. I downloaded the TF101 version for the US and tried to install but it didn't work. To my knowledge there is not a version for the SL101 yet (if ever). Sometimes I think we are the forgotten Asus machine. There is very little about the SL101 out there. The TF101 on the other hand is well represented and has a lot of blogs about it. I have asked and it appears that the two machines internally are very much the same so I thought I'd try to install the ICS 4.0 from the TF101 download and it didn't work. Of course that could be my ignorance in how to install it also but I went back to Honeycomb 3.2.

If you find anyone that has successfully installed ICS 4.0 I'd like to know and then I would try it again. It took a long time just to find out how to root my machine because the one step root programs don't work on all releases of Honeycomb.

We gotta write more on the blogs and get people interested in the SL101 and/or the difference between the SL101 and TF101 so that we can get more information. That is the biggest complaint with Asus that I have is the lack of information on the machines.

Good luck and keep looking.

Jim

JimReid

Mar 1, 2012
Frederuco,

Do you know the version of either? I'd like to try it but don't want to get the wrong version.

Thanks,

Jim