ICS for LPII

May 3, 2012
So I figured I post something on this thread since its been inactive for awhile since ICS went live. I'm sure everybody is so busy and preoccupied playing with there tablets to write anything. So what does everyone think? What do you like the most? What do you like the least? I'm personally digging chrome its fantastic.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Hi Brian, I think most folks have moved over to Lepanlife.com forums. Its a beehive over there. You should check it out.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Brian, I think most folks have moved over to Lepanlife.com forums. Its a beehive over there. You should check it out.

I realize a lot of you split your time but I would really like to see some of the ICS goodness and reviews here too. I don't have a Le Pan but I have always kept it in mind a a recommend for people looking for a decently priced 10" tablet. How's about sharing the love?

JP

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Ok, ICS is working great for me. I do have some issues with buffering on the YouTube app but I think that is just the nature of a very persnickety App in my opinion. I think Le Pan made an error in Removing the orignal stock browser and replacing it with Chrome. Chrome is available from the market for anyone that wants it but the stock browser is not. So the effect is it limits options for customers.

There are at least 6 or 7 people on LePanLife that report very poor wi fi after the upgrade. Several have requested exchanges.

Bottom line is reviews seem to be mixed but mostly positive. I have upgraded 2 and performance is great on both with exception of that old YouTube App. was excited to see a youtube update a day or 2 ago but no love. It didn't help.

So best way to watch you tube is Dolphin HD browser set user agent to Ipad and go to m.YouTube.com. Videos play in HQ not HD but it is hard to tell the difference in most videos.
There ya go!

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Nice, thanks! Yes, the youtube app has some of its own issues including the look being reformatted every other month or so :( You can probably find the apk for the original browser but with so many browser options out there I'm not sure how necessary that really is. Seems like the wifi issue might be a hardware issue given the ongoing nature of it regardless of the OS version. Some people seem to have more issues than others. Have you noticed any difference in battery life with ICS on the Le Pan?

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I haven't noticed any change in battery life either way. I tend to plug it in every other day or so and that hasn't changed. The problem with removing the stock browser is other ics browsers don't work now. I was lucky enough to have had a prerelease copy of ICS the version number was v404 the official release was version v406. v404 had the stock browser. I was using it for two or three weeks before the official release. (don't ask how I got it) Well it worked great even the youtube app very little buffering. Once the official release came out I upgraded to v406 with chrome. Youtube app bufffers more and ICS Browser+ no longer works. I'm hoping to get somebody to make a flashable zip of v404 that be flashed with clockworkmod recovery. It won't overwrite v406 with stock recovery

Last edited: