ICS killed Lumiread

JShepp

May 21, 2012
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get night mode back with ICS upgrade? Or figured out how to make it look like a book again with the split in the middle to appear as 2 different pages? Thanks people.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get night mode back with ICS upgrade? Or figured out how to make it look like a book again with the split in the middle to appear as 2 different pages? Thanks people.

I just checked mine and I still have the split for 2 different pages, but no night setting! That's a deal breaker for me because I do most of my reading at night in bed and the night mode works great for that. However, I could get by with turning the brightness way down, but I use different readers anyway. I do like the split screen and I'm surprised the ones I use don't have it. I mostly use the Kindle app because there are lots of good free books from Amazon, and I love Mantano Reader for pdf books. They both have the night setting, but no split screen. I have no idea how you can get your split screen back.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
I wasn't overly impressed with the new Lumiread either......

I lost most of my settings, bookmarks etc.....I also don't seem to have the split page but that's not a concern for me.....the only "night mode" I've seen is the brightness setting.....

I like Lumiread for epubs & as frapshake says, Mantano Reader for pdf's......

I hope it will grow on us.....:)......

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
That is a LUMNIREAD problem and happened on the latest update to Lumniread. I use an app called SKEYE for night sky viewing and I use the night screen okay.