ICS on 7022

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Arg, I've installed the backup of piratescareme, I get to the android boot screen where the logo shimmers but nothing past that. Waited 10 minutes and nadda. I went and installed the updated boot vampirefo put up, and still nothing, samething. I've gone into android.sdk fastboot with the boot img to add it to piratescareme's and still nothing. I'm running out of ideas and patience. all I have is cm7 backup and a backup of gingerboard that DOESN'T recognize my ext sd or have wifi. I'm open to ANY suggestions at this point because I'm so out of ideas and can't go on the coby website to upgrade to 4.0 because no wifi or cm7 doesn't for some reason upgrade with the coby apk.

Help anyone?

BlueSteel

Jun 3, 2012
Ok I have split your boot.img this is where the Serial number is called from, so modifying the boot.img should stop the Serial number checking.

Can you explain what you did?

How do you split the boot.img? And how did you modify it?

I don't understand how the fastboot commands you gave in post #121 do that if that's what you meant; and if not, please explain.

Thanks.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Arg, I've installed the backup of piratescareme, I get to the android boot screen where the logo shimmers but nothing past that. Waited 10 minutes and nadda. I went and installed the updated boot vampirefo put up, and still nothing, samething. I've gone into android.sdk fastboot with the boot img to add it to piratescareme's and still nothing. I'm running out of ideas and patience. all I have is cm7 backup and a backup of gingerboard that DOESN'T recognize my ext sd or have wifi. I'm open to ANY suggestions at this point because I'm so out of ideas and can't go on the coby website to upgrade to 4.0 because no wifi or cm7 doesn't for some reason upgrade with the coby apk.

Help anyone?

Make sure your download was not corrupt and clear data, cache, dalvik, format system, and format boot.
After that just flash the update and let the device boot up. I remeber that mine took about 20 minutes just to boot up after first update.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Is there any idea how to install flash player (except installing puffin)?

Flash player should be working with default browser, make sure you have scripts install enabled in system settings and check your browser settings. You can also try dual screen browser or firefox.

daesher

Jun 21, 2012
1. System settings - where scripts install enabled/disabled? There are just "Date & time", "Accessibility", "Developer options" and "About tablet". Developer options also have no words about scripts.
2. Default flash installed from play store (for android 4) shows gray area (in any browser supporting flash plugin). Older player just don't work (when installed) in any cases.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
1. System settings - where scripts install enabled/disabled? There are just "Date & time", "Accessibility", "Developer options" and "About tablet". Developer options also have no words about scripts.
2. Default flash installed from play store (for android 4) shows gray area (in any browser supporting flash plugin). Older player just don't work (when installed) in any cases.

Strange..... it works on mine. Did you install the rom after wiping the data, cache, etc.?

daesher

Jun 21, 2012
I made many tries - reinstalling everything, installing cm9 etc, but in no way flash player (from play market, and 2 version older too) shows more than filled area on android4 (android 2.3 works fine, but it uses another version). The only chance is installing puffin browser, but its flash is buggy, and not free after some times of demo.

Last edited:

daesher

Jun 21, 2012
Really not, I use it on a clone tablet. May be this plays a role in flash, but may be not - everything other works!

rbnoggin

Jun 25, 2012
I was able to port cm9 from the 1024 port to our 7022 last night. Everything seems to be working but there are several bugs on text boxes and selection dialogs that make them disapear. Ill upload the rom later so you can test it out and give me feedback.

Tried the CM9 port you posted for the 7022 from another site.....it flashed successfully via CWM (along with Superuser and Gapps) but didn't boot....stuck at COBY display endlessly.
Had to reset to get it back to CWM. Restored back to a good restore set.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Tried the CM9 port you posted for the 7022 from another site.....it flashed successfully via CWM (along with Superuser and Gapps) but didn't boot....stuck at COBY display endlessly.
Had to reset to get it back to CWM. Restored back to a good restore set.

That happened to me too, just reset the tablet and let it reboot. The first boot takes about 10-20 min

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Hey guys, just an FYI....

Coby has a new update for 4.0.3 out that is supposed to add hardware support for Youtube.

I went round and round, and finally got the update installed (went from build 1.1.0013 to 1.1.0025). Youtube is a little faster, but the image looks weird on HQ. IMO I think what they did was modify the engine to cause it to degrade the picture somewhat allowing it produce faster framerates. It is just a handoff, they lower the default max quality in order to make it run a little smoother... and it does only run a LITTLE smoother.

Also, I tried Netflix and Crackle that did not work prior to the update and they still do not work. The interface for both work, but not the actual player.

Filipicamo

May 13, 2012

Coby has a new update for 4.0.3 out that is supposed to add hardware support for Youtube.

I went round and round, and finally got the update installed (went from build 1.1.0013 to 1.1.0025). Youtube is a little faster, but the image looks weird on HQ. IMO I think what they did was modify the engine to cause it to degrade the picture somewhat allowing it produce faster framerates. It is just a handoff, they lower the default max quality in order to make it run a little smoother... and it does only run a LITTLE smoother.

Also, I tried Netflix and Crackle that did not work prior to the update and they still do not work. The interface for both work, but not the actual player.

I cant update mine, how have you done to update?

audazsagaz

Jun 11, 2012

how you update from 13 to 25 ? over original 13 without the root/cwm/Gapps? using a .zip file?

i saw .29 in the coments www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBWeo_rEdcU

Thanks !