ICS on 7022

rbnoggin

Jun 25, 2012
That happened to me too, just reset the tablet and let it reboot. The first boot takes about 10-20 min

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Still not working....same issue...waited a couple hours to make sure....
What base load are you starting from? Does it matter?

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
I cant update mine, how have you done to update?

I had to restore mine back to the original 2.3 and then do the update process again (I wrote the guide on the "Long" way to get 4.0, so I'm pretty familiar with installing everything again).

The version I had from 2 weeks ago was 0013, the version they updated 6/25 was 0025.

Last edited:

audazsagaz

Jun 11, 2012
I translated a quote from Youtube... it says that .0029 is just a different hardware version of the 7022 and that .0025 and .0029 are the same.

ok! i have .13

Any difference between 13 and 25 ? ( except for the hardware/youtube ) ? because the .13 is very, very stable to me.

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
ok! i have .13

Any difference between 13 and 25 ? ( except for the hardware/youtube ) ? because the .13 is very, very stable to me.

Not that I could really see. 0013 was good for me, my only issue was the amount of apps that would not work, and 0025 did not change any of that. I tried the Youtube app I had installed and it did not seem any faster (I tried videos that I know run smooth in 2.3.3 and on other devices) and they were still choppy and a little blocky.

Looks like right now 2.3.3 is better if you want to use a ton of apps and 4.0 is better if you want to use it for browsing/email and typing.

rcrx21

Jun 26, 2012
My problem that I am finding after numerous attempts of using this thread and another...is now I have my 7022 updated (after almost a day of trying to figure out why I couldn't get past the boot screen), but there are a few problems. I installed the jcase rootme file and superuser is denying all apps that attempt to use it. I have gone through the settings and all the threads and haven't seen mention of this. I also installed lcd resolution from the play store (so that more apps ((i.e. facebook)) show up) which requires BusyBox (also installed) but can't get Superuser to allow permission for busybox so LCD Resolution tells me that I have to have BusyBox installed. And one other thing....my external SD card doesn't show under tflash in ES File Explorer anymore (which means I can't use it for app storage), but does show under the root file as flash. Luckily I can store my comics and media there, but not being able to use Link2SD because it doesn't see the external where it should be. I am novice to using CWM (this being really the first time) and have been nervous of the command prompts into the root. Hopefully someone has encountered this and has an "easy" fix (is there such a thing LOL.) I originally wanted to try the update out to see if I could get reverse tethering like my HTC Vivid but see now its a hardware and not software issue. Would've made things much easier to do on the 7022 being in Afghanistan with very few places I can go with wifi! Anyways, I know this is long but...please help LOL!

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
My problem that I am finding after numerous attempts of using this thread and another...is now I have my 7022 updated (after almost a day of trying to figure out why I couldn't get past the boot screen), but there are a few problems. I installed the jcase rootme file and superuser is denying all apps that attempt to use it. I have gone through the settings and all the threads and haven't seen mention of this. I also installed lcd resolution from the play store (so that more apps ((i.e. facebook)) show up) which requires BusyBox (also installed) but can't get Superuser to allow permission for busybox so LCD Resolution tells me that I have to have BusyBox installed. And one other thing....my external SD card doesn't show under tflash in ES File Explorer anymore (which means I can't use it for app storage), but does show under the root file as flash. Luckily I can store my comics and media there, but not being able to use Link2SD because it doesn't see the external where it should be. I am novice to using CWM (this being really the first time) and have been nervous of the command prompts into the root. Hopefully someone has encountered this and has an "easy" fix (is there such a thing LOL.) I originally wanted to try the update out to see if I could get reverse tethering like my HTC Vivid but see now its a hardware and not software issue. Would've made things much easier to do on the 7022 being in Afghanistan with very few places I can go with wifi! Anyways, I know this is long but...please help LOL!

I'm certainly no expert with Clockwork, so this may not work... but you can try booting into Clockwork and doing the "Fix Permissions" option, then in case that doesn't work try re-flashing the superuser zip again.

Nobility350

Jun 28, 2012
I upgraded my tablet (7022)with ICS today from the COBY update, but now can not access the recovery, someone help me install the recovery again?
And in my ICS the icons appear small, it is hard to read, it is possible to increase the icons?
Sorry for my poor English.
thank you

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
I upgraded my tablet (7022)with ICS today from the COBY update, but now can not access the recovery, someone help me install the recovery again?
And in my ICS the icons appear small, it is hard to read, it is possible to increase the icons?
Sorry for my poor English.
thank you

For the small icons it is because ICS increases the screen density. You can either just increase the font/text size in your settings (what I did) or if you are rooted you can get the app "LCD Density" and lower the value.

For recovery, if you mean Clockwork Recovery, then you need to install it with fast boot (this only makes it work for the next boot) and then go into Clockwork and install it again from there (install from zip file). If you need a guide you can use steps 1-12 on my ICS install guide under "On your PC" http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...nate-long-method-ics-7022-ics-gapps-root.html

Nobility350

Jun 28, 2012
Jaxmoto thanks, it worked fine, now my tablet is root and recovery, my android version is 4.0.3 v1.1.0025, my HD videos no longer work, and had no success with any app "LCD Density" ... someone could help me with these problems?
Thank you.

viniciuscu

Jun 23, 2012
Friends, I want to restore my android 2.3 in coby, I'm in ics. I have the backup but I can not restore it by cwm because ics does not have access to the memory card. Does anyone have a tutorial to return to the original rom?

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Friends, I want to restore my android 2.3 in coby, I'm in ics. I have the backup but I can not restore it by cwm because ics does not have access to the memory card. Does anyone have a tutorial to return to the original rom?

If you have your backup you should be able to boot into Clockwork and restore from there (hold the silver back button as you power on). If you do not have Clockwork Recovery then you'll need to install it with Fast Boot (You can't install Clockwork from inside ICS like you could with 2.3).

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
I got most things to work on here (ICS) except I can't seem to get the serial activation to gtfo and it seems vampire's boot.img didn't do the trick for me. Not sure why.

Also, I was able to get Allrecipies to work on 2.3.3 by modifying my build.prop to look like a Samsung Nexus S. For some reason in google play it doesn't seem to want to let me anymore. Anyone else change their build.prop to reflect something more current to access more apps?

Update - attempted to update using this guide to make it look like a droid 3. Still nothing, I'm forever getting 'your device isn't compatable with this version'

Anyone have luck with the google play store?

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Jun 3, 2012