ICS on 7022

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Ryan, I'm not able to play flash on your backup yet can on the ICS7022 backup earlier on here posted, but yours isn't crashing as much. How did you remedy the flash problem?

jktriggs

Jun 13, 2012

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Ryan, I'm not able to play flash on your backup yet can on the ICS7022 backup earlier on here posted, but yours isn't crashing as much. How did you remedy the flash problem?
Yeh I have no idea why flash doesn't work on the new update. I've tried reinstalling flash player several times, and I even did a clean install of the update from the coby site and it still won't work. Anyone have any ideas as to why it wouldn't work? I think i'm gonna move back to 2.3.3 because of all the video playback issues with this version. Btw thanks for the 2.3.3 backup jktriggs it works perfect.

Last edited:

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
jkt, this is the first backup (of about 15 or 20) I've tried that ACTUALLY got my 7022 back to a working touchscreen, wifi proper, not crashing 2.3.3. I have been looking for one that works for a month now, you are AWESOME.

How did you get google play to work on the 2.3.3? Does market auto update or...?

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Yeh I have no idea why flash doesn't work on the new update. I've tried reinstalling flash player several times, and I even did a clean install of the update from the coby site and it still won't work. Anyone have any ideas as to why it wouldn't work? I think i'm gonna move back to 2.3.3 because of all the video playback issues with this version. Btw thanks for the 2.3.3 backup jktriggs it works perfect.

I tried everything I could think of on 4.0 to get flash going and nothing would work. I tried everything from versions meant for 2.0 all the way up to custom-written versions of flash meant for 4.0 tablets (and of course multiple official versions). That is why I went back to 2.3.3 myself... this is a media machine for me and it does me no good without Netflix/Crackle/Youtube and others.

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Jax, I've been trying to get Titanium backup to work - and I'm forever getting 'su isn't high enough' yet the tablet is rooted. Are you useing jkt's backup? Would you mind trying to see if you can get it working? I've been through 6 or 7 restores to try to get it to work and it just won't!

liveoutloud91

May 18, 2012
There's a thread going on right now, paintballeralex07 is porting CM9 to the 7022 (so far it gets stuck on bootloop) and there's also an unofficial CM7 build for the 7022 which is loads more stable than Coby 4.0.3 and a bit less stable than Coby 2.3.3 and many other devices besides, CyanogenMod for Telechips | androtab.info.

Snorefingers

Jul 29, 2012
I am unable to get CWM installed on my MID7022 for some reason. I did the official ICS update (I'm in germany) then I was unable to install CWM through "about device --> system update" as it told I was already using the most recent software version. I then tried installing a update.zip file that had CWM included with a "Recovery Tool" that I downloaded straight onto my tablet. I saw a installation animation once as it rebooted but have never been able to access CWM regardless. Finally I tried flashing a recovery.img that included CWM onto the tablet, I was able to do this (I got the OKAY message in the commandline) but even when I hold the power and back button IMMEDIATELY after flashing the recovery.img, without letting the device boot in between, I still only get the regular bootloader. ("The device has entered Fastboot mode etc." in blue writing). Anyone have any suggestions what I could still try?

jktriggs

Jun 13, 2012
Anyone who has successfully upgraded to ICS, which version of Clockwork are you using? It seems that those who are using 4.x can upgrade, but those, like me, who are using 5.x are unable to. If that's the case, can someone point me to a link that has CWRM 4.0.1.5?

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
Hi Kyros users!

I'm sorry but I haven't read the *whole* thread but I've got the gist of it.

It can be a bit fiddly to get the ICS upgrade to stick and boot, with superuser etc but it can be done. In my case it's a 1126 but I've put all the files here:

hxxp://depositfiles.com/files/h1uyg4031

Basically, I boot into Fastboot (power+volume down), and flash Clockworkmod recovery 4 with adb. It's a simple "fastboot boot recovery.img" but use the one called recovery-1125 (basically a kyros friendly CWM v 4). If you do "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" it will stick, but be written over with the rom upgrade. The upgrade.zip file included in that little pack is the 1126 ICS "Carribean Sunset".

For other models I used Cobys Upgrade.apk but run it in Bluestacks - the android emulator for windows. You could also use a Virtual Android in Virtualbox or similiar. In short you run the upgrade but force close the virtual system before it can attempt to write the upgrade.zip it downloads. Use the serial numbers method provided in these posts. Once you have shut down the upgrade app in your virtual / emulated android you'd need to grab the upgrade.zip that is downloaded to /data/data/com.upgradeandroid.upgrader -- you can either use windows Ext2 filesystem extension and mount the image with something like Gizmo Tools or OSF Mount, or use the virtual android and Root Explorer to navigate to the file if possible and send via email, upload it, use box.net or dropbox, or in some virtualisation/emulators possibly send out to the PC directly.

Anyway ... if you lose CWM reboot into fastboot mode and re-flash recovery using Fastboot. Using CWM and with various other files on your SD Card (all in the archive above) flash Gapps, and Superuser or Jcase Rootme. CWM 4 only used vol down to move the selection and volume up or power to select. You can cycle through the options 3 times to get a "back" option if you want to do a few things. It might be worth completely wiping (wipe cache, data/factory rest, dalvik, plus format system) first.

It should all work...

In German Android you go to Settings (click bottom right clock/notifications, expand it, click settings) and select Sprache or simiiliar.

To get rid of "Serial Number" nags you can run UpgradeAndroid.apk again... but now on your real android.

THERE'S ONE LITTLE PROBLEM...

Currently Upgrade Android will now download a Jellybean upgrade instead which may be a little more fiddly to work with even though it's the latest android.

The 1126 upgrade is in the rar file above, the 8127 and 7022 etc can be found on the web, here, in these posts, etc. Earlier upgrades appeared to have wifi problems but the last one I used was fine.

I typed this up earlier at
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-supported-tablet-install-mid1126-1125-a.html but basically I've outlined it better here.

Sorry for the length!

PS... If there are problems it's worth noting the upgrade.zip is flashable with STOCK recovery. You can get that with Fastboot Boot stock-recovery.img (you can extract the recovery from the upgrade, or use the download below). If you already have stock recovery boot with power+back (the silver orb) pressed. It's a basic recovery, but should work. If you have a working tablet, you can use corbys own RecoveryTool apk also in this archive.

hxxp://depositfiles.com/files/65a3ay9cb

Last edited:

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
Can you tell me if UpgradeAndroid.apk will upgrade a Kyros 7022 running ICS to JellyBean successfully?

I don't have a 7022, but I know others have.

Unfortunately they have hit some snags... probably because JB isn't even readily available on popular phones. The Nexus is the first I believe. AOSP sources have been out a while, and devs are busy (e.g. Cyanogenmod 10) but I don't see any *fully* working versions.

It seems Coby outsource the upgrades to upgrade-android.com and no doubt there'll be better versions to come. Not a lot to find on that site, some old blog entries if you search. I tried dissasembling upgradeandroid.apk too to see where it grabs the upgrades from :D Someone with a better understanding of java would have more luck! (maybe even a webpage/java app that can grab the upgrades?...)

jktriggs

Jun 13, 2012
Anyone who has successfully upgraded to ICS, which version of Clockwork are you using? It seems that those who are using 4.x can upgrade, but those, like me, who are using 5.x are unable to. If that's the case, can someone point me to a link that has CWRM 4.0.1.5?

Doesn't appear to be the case, for me at least. I just installed CWRM 4.0.1.5 over whichever version of 5.x I had and still, it doesn't ever completely boot. Still sitting here looking at a shimmering android boot screen.