ICS question

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Is there anything exciting? I missed the announcement and can't seem to find the 3.X impact.
Do Not Shoot me please, are any of the stock/ native apps getting updated?

It sounds like coolness is coming, but nothing to get worked up about.

-scub's

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Follow the url. It points to another URL, (in Poland of all places) which leads to another url (more polish) which leads to and XDA rumor, which leads to a screen shot on yet another Polish website about a chat session with the notoriously unreliable Acer Tech support minions, in which the acer tech said it would come but gave no time frame.

View attachment 4374

So once again, rumor, upon rumor, and nothing to back them up.

I expect to get ICS, but I don't expect it to be that big of a deal. After all, Honeycomb 3.2 is 95% of ICS anyway.

But impatient children here will once again accuse Acer of breaking its "Promise" of a January release, and they will count down the days as January ticks by, and threaten to sell their tablets on ebay and go buy something else, and cry about how Acer never fails to disappoint, and threaten to tear the arms off of anyone who disagrees with them.

You know what: I'm sick of it!

Go sell your tablets TODAY, get what ever other device is better, log off this forum and STFU!! Another three months of whining about a missed "deadline" is more than anyone should have to put up with.

----This is not directed at anyone in particular - just a general purpose rant! (I'll go take my meds now, I promise).

Oooooooooh Icebike, I tooooooootally agree with you 190% here.
This seems to be such an annoying and immature pattern here. Im tired of it too. Its just stoopid!

Also, how rich are these people who threaten to buy another tablet? I mean, when I bought this one, I paid $450! That's kinda expensive IMO (not as bad as ipad, but still expensive)! If they can just go and toss it aside and buy something else, then maybe its no wonder they are itching with a b... ?spoiled brats?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
Icebike and spexwood
Wouldn't it be nice to be young again and have parents that grant us our every whim. Entitlement, the new way of life.
I'm still learning and playing with 3.2 and enjoying the A500 as is. When and if ICS comes out I will play with that. In no hurry, it will come when it comes.

Nichy

Oct 9, 2011
Im happy with Honeycomb 3.2 and if ICS comes to the iconia that will sweeten things for me but HC ICS im happy witch eva im using:D

HD87

May 14, 2011
From the preview, ICS looks like Honeycomb for the phone, unifying with the tab.
The only real positive I saw for the tab will be better apps in the near future.
Faceunlock look's pretty cool.
Can't wait for a custom ROM ;)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah I agree with Icebike and Spexwood. I'm in no hurry for ICS because I'd rather that ACER got it right before sending it out on OTA. Too many whingers out there. I'm enjoying my A500 with HC 3.2 and I despise all the speculation I see because some turkey is going to believe the junk that some one has put out there with no factual basis.

As the saying goes:
Good things come to those who wait patiently for them - that is my motto.