ICS Upgrade on Tab 10.1

narmani

Aug 5, 2012
The ICS 4.0.4 Stock ROM was posted to StockRoms.net on the 1st of August. I downloaded and pushed it onto my tab via Odin. (unrooted)

The transfer and upgrade / reboot was seamless and had no data loss.
I have been very happy with the upgrade and really impressed with the additional bangs and whistles.

The folder creation and ability to add shortcuts to the desktop is nice - AND I have not had ONE forced close/restart after using it almost non-stop for three days now. I also like that you can add or remove home screens (from 1 to 7 of them).

VERY NICE (and official) release!

Last edited:

narmani

Aug 5, 2012
Any news on a release date in the us?

Not that I know of. BUT as this is the official release for it, my recommendation is to download it and us Odin to upgrade your tab.
You don't need to root your tab or make any boot process changes, simply push it as a PDA file to your tab.
The upgrade process was clean, and while I did back everything up, all of my apps successfully updated and retained their data.

My two cents ...

... as an add-on, this was posted on another site this evening:

The update is now being rolled out in the UK and several other countries in the European continent and both the 3G and Wi-Fi only versions of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are now getting their tasty treat of Cream Sandwich. Sad to say, users of the tablet in US shores will still have to wait some more before the update finally makes it to our side of the world. On a side note, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the subject of a preliminary injunction in the US after Apple files a lawsuit claiming that the Korean smartphone and tablet manufacturer infringed on some of its patents, particularly the now infamous ‘604 Siri patent.

So that brings me back to my original advice to download and install this for yourself :), I have been working on mine without a hitch since the upgrade.

Last edited:

booter101

Aug 9, 2012
Hey can someone pls advise me!! I just bought the classic 101 Archos g9 do I have to buy the new upgrade for my tablet.. the 4.0 ice cream sandwich I downloaded a pfd file and when I tried to open it it said something about Java and the rest of the PG. Was blank. How do I get the 4.0 thanks :) :)

jn2012

Jul 26, 2012
I just got my update OTA and this baby is fast and smooth a lot better than Honeycone! ics 4.0.4 Galaxy 10.1

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
You folks in the City always get the good things first!!!! Did you go through Samsung for it?

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
That would be really cool, I had also updated my samsung tab 10.1 recently with ICS and it just became fabulous. It is just fabulous I mean it is damn simple to use, I am experiencing different kind of touch and it is really brilliant.