IDC Analysis of Netbook Vs Tablet Usage from 2010

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
18Gkzl.png

This was a presentation slide which was part of the Intel Atom Z670 introduction presentation, showing the usage of netbooks versus tablets applying to iPad owners. It summarizes the expected usage scenarios for tablet computers, as well as the expected usage frequency for each scenario. While it does not separate age groups, and may heavily under-estimate the usage frequency of gaming in particular, it is a good way to visualize the unique features that tablet computers can offer.

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
you could probably get away with:

composition/dicking around/consumption.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
you could probably get away with:

composition/dicking around/consumption.
Very nice analysis. You took the words right out of my mouth. :) I've said over and over that tablet's are media-consumption devices, and man do people get pissed. I'd guess in 2-3 years we'll have a device that better blends the netbook/tablet worlds, but for now the division is clear.

-Matt

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Anther poll came out today, confirming that games are by far (for 83% of tablet users) the #1 use for current tablets. No surprise there. Intel's diagram is all screwed up. I can't remember where I saw it though... It might have been those apple fans' site, AppAdvice.