Ideas and things.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Well we now have a working recovery image I'm looking at trying to build a new rom.

I'm thinking that to make my life easier I will start with a build of 2.1 as kernel development is not my fortè.

Will I be successful I don't know. Will it be fun? Yes!

On another note. I got my hands on a HTC Wildfire and I have to say cyanogenmod is really nice. I'd love it on the s7.

-Ivy

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I don't know how I will go but I'm going to start as soon as I'm home

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Just setting up my development environment and just having the fun of installing Java JDK on ubuntu. Fun fun fun. For some reason it's taking a long time to download.

Oh Well =)

~Ivy

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Just setting up my development environment and just having the fun of installing Java JDK on ubuntu. Fun fun fun. For some reason it's taking a long time to download.

Oh Well =)

~Ivy

I gave a shot at installing droid on Ubuntu. Got as far as a black screen with the droid logo and no apps showing up. I'm tempted to keep playing with it, but many other projects stand in my way.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I gave a shot at installing droid on Ubuntu. Got as far as a black screen with the droid logo and no apps showing up. I'm tempted to keep playing with it, but many other projects stand in my way.

Well what I'm going to try and do, is compile a new version of android for the s7. Using the stock s7 kernel. (kernel hacking isn't really my forte.)

I will keep people posted how I go.

~Ivy