Ideas for a first time android user

Jason1313

Sep 2, 2010
Hey guys. I'm new to androids (not to tech) and I would get a android phone but I don't really have the extra money to put out a month for the internet. So I am looking for a tablet. My problem is portability. I want something that is pocket sized (iPod Touch is very nice) so I can bring it around with me. I have looked into the Archos tablets and they have problems (especially the touch screen). I am looking for a nice tablet around the price of $200. Please help me out. Thank you. -Jason

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
there are some great tablets out there the only issue is most of them are 7 inches and up there are some smaller ones out (5 inches ) and there are also smaller ones coming out (3.2 inches ) but my suggestion to you is just get an android phone off contract and then just use it over wifi like a mini tablet

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Those can be a lot of money. It could be cheaper to get a tablet like the gentouch or some knockoff from china.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
ARCHOS
Wouldn't this be a choice?

It's going to be released in october, only the pice is a bit over $200^^

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I recommend AuGen Gentouch78 at Kmart for $169. Gome Flytouch is popular but MPU is slower by 1/2. Those from $89 and up.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You say you want a PMP (Personal Media Player) sized tablet (4-5 Inch). These are not as popular or as inexpensive as the 7inch units. Probbiethe1 has the best recommendation or although you may have a bias, Archos is the current alternative. I admit I am biased and like Archos, But the older units can be expensive and are more of a PMP than a MID Tablet. I have no idea where you are, but here are two examples of Probbie. on the "bay and the Archos 5 IMT will be really inexpensive as the migrate to the newer model. One example is below as well
Android Phone Examples
Numerous Unlocked new G1 Dreams about $150 at buy-it-nows
Archos 5 example
Archos 5 Android Internet Tablet 8GB + Mini Dock + case - eBay (item 120616435692 end time Oct-01-10 18:16:28 PDT) for $199

In my opinion, these are your real choices for Android of that size, Or you can wait for the next gen Archos and the similar ones in the next month on tabs for delivery.

Best of Luck

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
If you want 5" tablet you can always get the SmartQ V5 and the price is really reasonable. It has some nice features and runs Android 2.1. If you want something from a company more famous, than you will just have to wait.