Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

roachieuk

Nov 30, 2010
Hi thanks for your replys its now been put back further so starting to get a lil annoyed now as i really do want this tab.Its the only way i can afford it as i can pay monthly for it.So really looking for someone whos orderd it from The brilliant gift shop as the date just keeps changeing.When i rang them up today they said the 13th of dec and the guy said to be clear that it would be the 17th ive now been waiting 9weeks since i preorderd it.So a lil annoyed but guess good things come to those who wait.Might pick up a chaep tab for now till i get this

Last edited:

buee

Dec 1, 2010
Anyone know of a way to get the stock Android VPN options on this thing?

I've thought about using Titanium Backup to back up the VPN services from my Droid 2 and restoring them to the S7, but without a working recovery, it makes me nervous.

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Mac OS X 10.6.5 Finder does not recognize Huawei S7 - although the S7 does beep if you connect/disconnect USB cable

Should also say that Windows 7 does recognize the device - so not a cable or port defect

- many thanks.

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
And as a follow up - although Win 7 detects and installs the S7 - Windows Explorer for Win 7 does not show the device.

So my question - How to upload music. videos etc from Mac or Windows to S7

Many thanks

having same problem

TabletNoobie

Dec 6, 2010
Okay, I'm a bit outdated here since I still use Win XP Home version. I am a bit dissapointed there is no USB driver for me to connect to my S7. Has anyone figured out how to connect to XP? Maybe I'll never need to? Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The driver can be downloaded from huaweidevices.com. Then follow the instructions in this thread and you can mount it as a drive.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

TabletNoobie

Dec 6, 2010
Nope, their driver is for Vista and Win 7 only? XP dosen't seen to be supported unless I am missing something obvious here?

roachieuk

Nov 30, 2010
Hi is there anyone who knows where to get the drivers for windows xp??as ive searched a few places and cant find drivers for xp anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
The very excellent pbrauer solved this in another thread. The issue was/is - android devices do not automatically mount and so a re not available/visible in any OS.

So - once you connect the USB cable - the S7 will beep. Click on the task manager 'I' button - top right corner and you will see notification asking to mount device as USB device. Once done - Finder/Windows Explorer and the amazing doubleTwist iTunes for Mac will be able to see the device and upload/sync content

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What exactly are you trying to do? Do you need to connect via adb, or are you wanting to see your device via windows explorer?

roachieuk

Nov 30, 2010
Basically i wanna see my device via windows explorer hopeing it would shed some light on the internal memory issue im having.As i was told it had 8gb but after useing a couple of apps it states i only have 175mb internal.

Many thanks for your quick reply and help

Status
Not open for further replies.