Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
I actually asked that question this past friday when I stopped at BB to check out the tablet. The associate I spoke said he doubted the tablet itself would go on sale due to newness, but that they might do deals on the service contract or accessories or something. Makes sense.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Now that Acer has made its formal announcement for its tablets I may just hold off for the time being (though it will be really hard for me).

Well, availability is a LONG ways away; they say April, things could really change before then and I sort of doubt that you will be able to buy one in April. No doubt 6 months from now there will be more choices.

MartinFick

Nov 23, 2010
I agree with the "don't hold your breath attitude", but the Acer models do tout the best resolutions of any devices so far I believe. I will not be surprised if no one else has a 1280x800 7 inch device even by April.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Screw it. I placed an order for the S7. Will be heading to BB to pick it up. Told you I couldn't wait. LOL!!!

dunand

Nov 21, 2010
Screw it. I placed an order for the S7. Will be heading to BB to pick it up. Told you I couldn't wait. LOL!!!

Do you need to order online and pick it up at the store or you can go directly to BB and buy it there ? The price is the same in store ?

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Do you need to order online and pick it up at the store or you can go directly to BB and buy it there ? The price is the same in store ?

You can get it in store. I placed an order online since BB is about 30 minute drive for me.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Yeah, I do the same thing since it is a bit of a drive and I always want to be sure that they still have whatever I'm after.

dunand

Nov 21, 2010
Thanks brachiopod and Snyperx. I may do the same since I have to cross the border to pick it up. :rolleyes:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am not seeing any listings on EBay. None of them say AT&T. I don't feel like driving down to the US any time soon. I could use this as a phone. Or at least I can convince myself that I could...

Considering what's on the market right now, this is a great deal.

Who wants to buy me one?

wshimmin

Nov 22, 2010
Every time I turn off or lose wifi connectivity, I'm getting a message to acknowledge that, by enabling mobile data service, my cellular provider may bill for data usage. Until I confirm the message, I can't use mobile data. This doesn't happen on my Nexus One with the same cellular provider.

I have an unlimited data plan but don't see any way to disable this message. Any ideas?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I think that this is the "data services" app, I'm guessing that you could use a task killer to stop it. It appears to be one of the stock apps so you would need root to remove it completely.

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
Did anybody got 3G simple mobile working on this tablet? I only got edge, I used to have 3G with no problem with my G1. I tried the same settings with no luck.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Well got my S7. Now I need to decide if I will be keeping it. It looks like my two main concerns are spot on. The battery looks to only last 2-4 hours with wifi and the screen is not the best since it is resistive. I find myself having to touch the screen multiple times sometimes to select things as well. I do like the size and it feels well built. The UI is pretty snappy for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.