Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beepoo83

Nov 25, 2010
Hi
I got my Huawei yesterday from BB its nice device, I just have one big problem I got att data sim card to use it with the S7 when I insert this sim card first there is no bars shown up but when I click on the bar icon it says at&t but no signal. I tried to make a voice call after I put the number and click send nothing happen just says dialing I clicked on the red bottom to end the call then I got hanging up on the screen and phone software freeze and I can't even turn the device off till I get the battery off.
I used another sim card ( my phone sim card) had the same problem
what you think guys is there a problem in my device

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I'm not an expert but, I put the simcard from my phone in my S7 and it automatically got a signal and I could make calls. So you might have a defective unit. I did not manage to get it working on data, though.

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Guys, thanks up front.

I am a disgruntled apple guy, who is just getting into the Droid tablet scene. Having had it with Apple, I am well on my way.

I managed to mess up my S7-104 and was able to get the Telus Australian rom on my device.

I have everything to restore it, but the original package, and it is not anywhere on their site. Does anyone have the Factory reset rom that I can flash, or a link to it.

Much appreciated.
Rob

Are you looking for the firmware for S7-104? If so, someone has posted a link for the firmware download.. look at the forum and there's one titled S7 firmware

teo_droid

Nov 25, 2010
Hi
I got my Huawei yesterday from BB its nice device, I just have one big problem I got att data sim card to use it with the S7 when I insert this sim card first there is no bars shown up but when I click on the bar icon it says at&t but no signal. I tried to make a voice call after I put the number and click send nothing happen just says dialing I clicked on the red bottom to end the call then I got hanging up on the screen and phone software freeze and I can't even turn the device off till I get the battery off.
I used another sim card ( my phone sim card) had the same problem
what you think guys is there a problem in my device

I've had this exact same problem for almost a week now, having exchanged the unit 3 times, and having tried every possible APN combination. It's sad that 3g capability is one of the most attractive features of this tablet, yet the AT&T sim card issue is so widespread as to remain the #1 reason why dissatisfied users continue to return or exchange this otherwise fantastic tablet. It's as if Huawei did not take the time to test this tablet extensively with AT&T sim cards specifically, otherwise they would have easily spotted it.

I have no idea if this a hardware problem with their sim card reader having trouble reading AT&T sim cards correctly, a specific issue with the architecture of the card that AT&T uses, an issue with some intricacies of Android 2.1, or a particular problem with the Huawei rom/software. Hopefully some engineer on the forum could try to take a stab at this. I also hope that we can collectively find a way to convey this important issue to Huawei, since they are running the risk of losing an entire slew of AT&T customers unless their engineers quickly address this important issue.

Tblack

Nov 23, 2010
I think we may have purchased the same day. I bought mine because my Nexus One was being repaired and I was frankly going through Android withdrawl.
I have a Epad from Pandawill so I'm not brand new to Android Mid tablets. This one is pretty solid. Very few complaints. I got my Nexus One back so now I'm deciding if I want to keep my S7. I think if there is an easy Rom say Cynogen to flash it I may keep it. Hopefully it will get Froyo sooner rather than later.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I did not realize the WiFi tethering on my Android phone was Ad Hoc. I'm using the WiFi Tether app from here android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code. Every other device connects right up to it, but the tablet did not even see the broadcast of the SSID. As far as the WiFi reconnecting, I'm using basic WEP security and I tried different channels. I also had it on at least 3-4 different WiFi networks and had the same issue. A couple days right before I returned it, it seemed to have no issue reconnecting--very odd.

Thanks for the info on the ad hoc stuff...I'll have to investigate this further because if that's the case, I'll have to get it worked out before I can use whatever tablet I get to work on it.

Beepoo83

Nov 25, 2010
I have fixed the problem
first you have to root the device do to A market thin search for z4root very easy install it then open it and rood the device ( I used the temporary) after that you must choose GSM only in the network setting.turn it off insert the sim card and enjoy my friend
I did a voice call and it works very well and tested it with att 3g prepaid sim card and works as well there is a letter H on the right top on the screen I think it means high speed which is 3g.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
I have fixed the problem
first you have to root the device do to A market thin search for z4root very easy install it then open it and rood the device ( I used the temporary) after that you must choose GSM only in the network setting.turn it off insert the sim card and enjoy my friend
I did a voice call and it works very well and tested it with att 3g prepaid sim card and works as well there is a letter H on the right top on the screen I think it means high speed which is 3g.

yes, H is for HSPA; great news;

on a more technical side, i wonder why ROGERS in canada sim work well on 3G with NO need for modification?

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Do you work for samsung by any chance? There is no widespread att sim card problem, the problem in almost every case I've seen is user error

cardude280

Nov 27, 2010
if you can get 3g with your g1 then it means its running on tmobiles 3g network. tmobiles 3g network works on the 1700mhz(AWS) band and this device runs on (at least) the 1900 and probably 850 bands for at&t.

Status
Not open for further replies.