If you could go back to Gingerbread, would you?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The major thing I use root for, is to backup and restore game data, but I also use root access for things like Droid Wall, to block access to WiFi for apps, and for LBE, to block specific permission for apps. Not as critical as on my phones, by still something that I like the ability to do.

That is a good point a lot of the apps I like to use require root access. Not that I couldn't live without them but why should I have to?

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I still can not get over how much launcher pro x has changed my VTAB. It is like having a new tab, thanks everyone for the recommendation! I think now I WILL go to HC on my GB tablet. No hurry.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I still can not get over how much go launcher pro x has changed my VTAB. It is like having a new tab, thanks everyone for the recommendation! I think now I WILL go to HC on my GB tablet. No hurry.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
Kemper said:
I have two tabs one in GB and one in HC. If you could undo your Honey Comb, would you?

I'd gladly go back to GB because I want to use my entire screen for PocketCloud and there are too many issues with the flash player being unresponsive with Pan and Zoom not working properly either.

The following page is a good example of one page where Vizio HC works differently than GB or any other HC from what I have seen at Best Buy. Vizio HC will have trouble with Pan and Zoom on the following page regardless of the Flash Player used or what Browser is used.
Adobe Flash Player Test Page

Vizio Customer support, operator number 380 says it is that page and yet she also told me that Google and Adobe are still working on it so she knows there is at least one issue with the Flash Player. BTW I also found out Vizio distributed HC in stages to see how the first group reacted so I might have been one of the Vizio HC guinea pigs.

I wish I could go back to GB at least until Vizio fixes my two major issues with Vizio HC where the lack of fullscreen is one and the funky Flash Player is the other one.

EDIT: I uninstalled the Adobe Flash Player and still had problems with Pan and Zoom on the site above so now I will try to find out if it is a normal Honeycomb issue or a Vizio Honeycomb issue.

Last edited: