If you had a 500 dollar budget, what tablet would you get?

outdooz

Mar 21, 2011
I have a 500 dollar budget. I don't want a ipad either. It would be great if it is 10 inches. So whats the best option for the price? Thanks

outdooz

Mar 21, 2011
Had 3 g tablets. All of them broke within 2 days. I am looking at the Iconia a500 and the galaxy tab 10.1

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I would get the viewpad 10. It runs win 7 AND android 2.2

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
For that budget
Acer Iconia a500
Asus Transformer T101
Viewsonic Gtablet
Advent Vega

Everything else is utter trash' including these strange unnamed tablets with no native Google market support. Intact I would get only those tablets on any budget ATM.

Unless you absoultelu must have 3D recording, then the optimistic 3D pad/Gslate.
Owning an iconia, having extensively used a Gslate and A moto zoom, I'd stay sstick with those tablets.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
It also has no native Google apps support
Doesn't run honeycomb and is a terrible ipad. (Eww) knock off. Much safer to pick up a transformer which is much better and costs 5 bucks more coming from a reputable manu with better specs.

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
Might possibly cost more than $500 or will be tied to a carrier or both. Also tthey have summer time release dates so if you're willing to wait that long....

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
For the price, and for a 10" Tablet, ATM IMHO the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer can't be beat. It has the Tegra 2, 2 good quality cameras, GPS, and its grouped in with the best-in-class in terms of battery life. The works. The IPS screen is a big plus over other tablets as well. I would definitely buy it if I wasn't waiting for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 (10" is too big for my tastes). I've liked all the GTabs, and the 10.1 looks nice, but they simply can't beat the Transformer price-wise. I haven't seen a single 10" tablet with similar specs even come close to the Transformer regarding price. The optional keyboard dock is also nice for those who want something like that - and the boost to battery life isn't a pain either (16hrs total).

BTW, having 3 GTabs total and having them all break; nevermind within 2 days of each purchase; is an incredible coincidence. Tablets, including GTabs, don't just break that quickly. Likely some kind of shipping error (if you bought through an online store) or some other issue based on circumstance...just in case, imho, maybe watch out for problems or circumstances like that when you purchase your next tablet.

Last edited: