If your 3.1 OTA update fails… check the log file >>>>

robdroid

May 4, 2011
i downloaded the update ota and it wouldn't install. i deleted docs to go early on and hoping that's the issue.... I went to setting and checked for updates and it says i am up to date but I'm still running android 3.0. any help anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Exact same thing happened to me, if someone could help here that'd be great...

I might try to check the system logs with Eclipse in USB Debug mode, just in case there would be some clue.
According to one thread on XDA (3.1 update pulled mid release? -That's what Acer Support says. "New Build Tomorrow" - xda-developers) the current 3.1 update rollout has been put on hold till an "update to the update" has been made. Guess Acer has had some issues with the 3.1 update (WiFi issues, etc) and they're patching the 3.1 update. So those still at 3.0 will have to wait till 3.1.x is pushed out by Acer.

mdesmons

Jul 8, 2011
According to one thread on XDA (3.1 update pulled mid release? -That's what Acer Support says. "New Build Tomorrow" - xda-developers) the current 3.1 update rollout has been put on hold till an "update to the update" has been made. Guess Acer has had some issues with the 3.1 update (WiFi issues, etc) and they're patching the 3.1 update. So those still at 3.0 will have to wait till 3.1.x is pushed out by Acer.

Oh, thanks Robdroid I had missed that thread...wait and see then

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Oh, thanks Robdroid I had missed that thread...wait and see then
Most likely cause of stopping the current 3.1 update seems to be related to the WiFi DHCP lease/connectivity issue we've all been reading about. Guess Acer want's to fix that issue before it becomes a support nightmare.
I imagine all of us who successfully updated to the original 3.1 OTA will get an additional small update to fix the WiFi issue once Acer figures it out.