igg

igg

Sep 14, 2012
I would have to give that a fair amount of consideration, given the problems other users are experiencing, and then I would need to weigh up the options and those options are
(a) THEM TAKING IT BACK WOULD BE GREAT,but then I would have nothing to whinge about
(b)I'F I WASN'T WHINGING ABOUT Zenethink, I wouldn't be doing any favours for those poor unsuspecting people that were considering buying one.

And I have given the issue due consideration, and my decision is that should a Zenethink representative be contactable (which I doubt) and should they agree to take it back I will agree to never speak unfavourably about them again (I'm not known to be one who tampers with the truth,however I just might have to break that rule on this ocassion)

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey Tom T We have a few things in common one being good judges of tough motor vehicles (I'm on my second Cherokee) and the other thing we share is a passion to defeat tree/crop eating wild animals.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey Guys,are we good are we good are we any bloody good, an Aussie Adam Scott just won the US masters, and even though we have had some pretty good golfers including The Great White Shark (Greg Norman) this is the first time we have won your big one, and as it has just reached BEER O.CLOCK I'll just open the bar and toast the Aussie battler..SENT FROM MY TABLET THAT RUNS ANDROID.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hey Tom T We have a few things in common one being good judges of tough motor vehicles (I'm on my second Cherokee) and the other thing we share is a passion to defeat tree/crop eating wild animals.

Right now defeat may be a strong word, I'm happy to just hold my ground for the present....

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

igg

Sep 14, 2012
You people are having more than your fair share of problems in the States at the moment, I'm sure all Aussies would agree with me in saying that we feel greatly saddened by the recent tragic events that your country has experience.
Hang in there.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
$Screenshot_2013-04-18-18-08-45.png

$Screenshot_2013-04-18-18-09-34.png

I found a couple of quotes for you Spider!

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Thank you omarahum,as following your earlier advice on going to SLIDEME worked, it didn't work when I first tried, but on giving it another go after thinking about it for a while (about 10 seconds ) I deided that I first needed to register with SLIDEME, which I did and lo and behold I was able to download a few games on to this lovely zenethink, ( I speak with forked tongue) and for the 1st time this tablet has been able to be used for some purpose, even if this purpose is only for kid's to play games on.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Thank you omarahum,as following your earlier advice on going to SLIDEME worked, it didn't work when I first tried, but on giving it another go after thinking about it for a while (about 10 seconds ) I deided that I first needed to register with SLIDEME, which I did and lo and behold I was able to download a few games on to this lovely zenethink, ( I speak with forked tongue) and for the 1st time this tablet has been able to be used for some purpose, even if this purpose is only for kid's to play games on.
Very happy for you.... Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I haven't had time to try out my ZT-180, but everything I tried with the ROM that's on it didn't let Market work.... I'll have to reflash the éclair ROM on it and see if it works after that (could be some data corruption on the tablet), and if that doesn't work, I know the Froyo ROM does work, after doing the hosts file fix (deleting all the lines from the /system/etc/hosts file, except the first line).... Not sure when I'll be able to work on it though, sorry....

Are you still interested in flashing your tablet to a different (later) ROM?

I think, if I remember correctly, the ZT-180 also played videos off the sdcard well (with an app like mvideoplayer)... Have you tried that on your tablet? Maybe your kids could watch some movies on it?

Last edited:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Thank's omarahum, I think I might just leave the bloody thing as is, and just use it to keep the kid's amused be that by playing games or playing frisbee with it (sorry spider but they have just got used to using it as a frisbee) also I'll give it a go to play some movies using mvideoplayer.
We have got a couple of other tablets that we can use for the real business,one being an Asus tf101 and the other is a Lenovo think pad,with both of these tablets being seriously good machines and to mention them in the same thread as a Zenethink is almost obscene.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Thank's omarahum, I think I might just leave the bloody thing as is, and just use it to keep the kid's amused be that by playing games or playing frisbee with it (sorry spider but they have just got used to using it as a frisbee) also I'll give it a go to play some movies using mvideoplayer.
We have got a couple of other tablets that we can use for the real business,one being an Asus tf101 and the other is a Lenovo think pad,with both of these tablets being seriously good machines and to mention them in the same thread as a Zenethink is almost obscene.
Yeah, it seems Zenithink never puts out a final product, and just uses their customers as testers for their software updates, when usually the software being tested is actually for their next product they want to start selling...

But if they want to send me a tablet for free, I won't say no.... The only Zenithink product I ever bought was the Original ZT-180 tablet, cost me $300 USD when it came out in June 2011.... The only reason I started trying to help out on these android forums was because of how disappointed I was with it, and wanted to help others with the fixes that other forum members posted, so they wouldn't have as much buyers remorse as I did..... You are lucky your tablet didn't come with the first Android ROM they put out (20110714), nothing worked at all.....

And actually, the original ZT-180 was actually made for using WinCE, not android.... But the Froyo ROM they made for the orginal ZT-180 turned out to work pretty well on the ZT-180v2 tablet (that's pretty much the same, but has 512MB RAM, a bad camera, and HDMI out)....

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
(sorry spider but they have just got used to using it as a frisbee)

And here I thought throwing a boomerang was a popular thing to do in Australia. I guess that's just something they made up in order to sell them to dumb tourists like me.:rolleyes:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Nah the kids got a bit tired of throwing boomerangs as they always came back so they thought they would invent a new game called "SEE WHO CAN THROW A ZENETHINK FRISBEE IN A DIRECTION THAT IT WONT COME BACK" but to date they haven't been able to iron out the problems in the game as the mongrel thing keeps coming back, or it might be that Zenethink being such clever little buggers have been able to clone a boomerang meaning they will never be able to throw it somewhere that it wont come back.
But I will keep encouraging them to perfect the game,as there is probably a market for this game through zenethink owners trying to dispose of them?