I'm buying this ! Any Feedback?

Hadaak

Mar 27, 2012
Hi Guys,

First post here. I'm new to Android. I'm an Iphone/Ipad user and wanted to get a "cheapo" android tablet for e-learning pusposes only. I mean just for reading books, using a dictionary, using a text editor. I found two models on ebay based on the MID WM8650 chip. I was going for a 7 screen but then thought an 8" might be better. So here is the link:
eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst

• Google Android 2.2.
  • WM8650, High-performance 800MHZ CPU + 400MHZ DSP, support flash10.1.
  • DDR II 256MB, HDD storage 4GB.
  • Support a Micro SD/TF card up to 32GB.
  • 8" TFT LCD 800*600 high definition widescreen.
  • High sensitive 2 Points resistive touch screen.
  • Support WiFi & external 3G.
  • 4-dimensional gravity sensing.
  • Support 1280*720 MPEG, MJPG, H263 HD Video playing.
  • 1800mAh rechargeable Li-Polymer battery, up to 10 hours battery life (idle mode).
  • Supports softwares such as Browser, Email, Office, PDF, TXT, YouTube, Media Player, WiFi, Game, etc.
  • Stylish & ultrathin cover.

Any feedback or comments are welcome. I haven't ordered it yet but will do it in two or three days. So fire up if you have any warnings or good/bad experince with this kind of device.
Thanks.

Hadaak

Mar 27, 2012
Well I got the 8 inches tablet but it's complete cr**p. unusable in daylight. I tried a comics pdf and the text is unreadable... wifi disconnects every two minutes. it is supposed to be a 1 GHZ cpu + 256 ram with Android 2.3 but it is very slow and the screen is unresponsive.... so I'm sending it back. I'm now looking for anothe one but with a god screen. I'm raising the price a bit since this is an investment which sould last a little bit so I need to get a good build and a good screen. I found this one :

Teclast P85 Android 4.0 8 inch Capacitive Screen 8G HDMI $149.99 Only!

Screen Size8 inch
BrandsTeclast
Android OSAndroid 4.0 (ICS)
ArchitectureCortex-A8 (ARMv7)
CPUAllwinner A10 (Cortex-A8)
RAM1G
Internal Storage8G
Graphic Hardware2160P supported,mali 400MP
Official Android MarketNo
DisplayNo
Screen Resolution1024 x 768 (4:3)
Touch Screen5 Point Touch Capacitive

Hadaak

Mar 27, 2012
and the price is very interesting: 150 $. And it is from android in the box. Any opinions, please ?

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Well I got the 8 inches tablet but it's complete cr**p. unusable in daylight. I tried a comics pdf and the text is unreadable... wifi disconnects every two minutes. it is supposed to be a 1 GHZ cpu + 256 ram with Android 2.3 but it is very slow and the screen is unresponsive.... so I'm sending it back. I'm now looking for anothe one but with a god screen. I'm raising the price a bit since this is an investment which sould last a little bit so I need to get a good build and a good screen. I found this one :

Teclast P85 Android 4.0 8 inch Capacitive Screen 8G HDMI $149.99 Only!

Screen Size8 inch
BrandsTeclast
Android OSAndroid 4.0 (ICS)
ArchitectureCortex-A8 (ARMv7)
CPUAllwinner A10 (Cortex-A8)
RAM1G
Internal Storage8G
Graphic Hardware2160P supported,mali 400MP
Official Android MarketNo
DisplayNo
Screen Resolution1024 x 768 (4:3)
Touch Screen5 Point Touch Capacitive

Teclast P85 is a great tablet and looking forward your purchasing from us.

Hadaak

Mar 27, 2012
Thank you guys. I really need something reliable and robut as I will be giving it away with no immediate support for the students. If the tablet breaks down it is going to be a pain to get it back and repair or fix it and send it back again.
Is the sreen readable in sunlight or in daylight at least?

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Hadaak, the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora with LG IPS screen will be available on 19th April in our site for $169.99 shipped with complete English manual, English apps, English packing, you can take a look, hope you can finally find what you want!:)

Hadaak

Mar 27, 2012
thanks for the info but I'm lokking for an 8" tab. the teclast seems the choice to go. Do you recommend any case which fits it? I need a very protective one.
something like this:

$8TabletCaseC3-03.jpg