Im going tablet

Radiance

Sep 1, 2011
1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
I want to replace my laptop as much as possible... knowing not all will be available, of course;
eMail, Facebook, Remember the milk, google maps, overal internet browsing, itunes, amazon mp3 player, android market, youtube
I dont do any gaming
Flash would be a nice to have
Ideally android 2.2 Android 3 would be better (THis is what I read)
Other features, I actually copied this from consumer report where they recomend ensuring the tablet has the following:
The ability to change the display's orientation from landscape to portrait
A touch screen with an on-screen QWERTY keyboard
Home, Menu, and Back functions that are always available to the user
A rear-facing camera of at least 2 megapixels
An accelerometer for measuring movement, a compass for measuring direction, and a GPS receiver for measuring location
Bluetooth
A method for updating software
The ability to connect to a computer with a USB port
2) how much you are willing to spend. Up to $380 if it really makes a difference , but would love to keep it low cost, how about the Wintec FileMate Light 8GB 7" Touchscreen Web Tablet with Google ... is that an android tablet?
3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be...
No idea.
4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate.
Computer literate, yes and I have an android phone (Cliq)
5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
Fort Lauderdale, fL

Connectivity, please indicate what are my options to connect to the internet, I think I would prefer to have 3g and a monthly plan with somebody, and not only wi-fi

Thank you!!!

rayhodge02

Apr 27, 2011
xoom..answers all but its truly not a laptop replacement you will need your laptop to put movies on itroot if your going to do that but the price your willing to spend you might look into a acer pad it also runs honeycomb or a used from verizon..I dont like the smaller tablets...I have a dx and its a large screen I wanted somerhing much bigger thats why I brought the xoom

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Hold on before buying look what coming soon
Lenovo introduces $199 IdeaPad Android tablet. With this in consideration, Lenovo’s move to offer the IdeaPad A1 for $199 is well-timed. Two features that make the tablet a standout at its price level are its sharp 1024-by-600-pixel resolution and the fact that the screen is capacitive touch. Many cheap tablets have a resistive touch screen, which isn’t as responsive as a capacitive screen.
Other, less charming elements show off how the IdeaPad A1′s price can be as low as it is. The tablet runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) software rather than the more advanced Honeycomb software, which runs on higher priced Android tablets. It also includes a single-core 1-GHz Cortex A8 processor, 3-megapixel camera on the back, .3-megapixel camera on the front, a GPS receiver, 2GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot for adding up to 32GB of extra memory. The device measures 0.47 inches thick and weighs 0.88 pounds.
The IdeaPad A1 will likely hit stores in mid to late September. For those who need personalization, the device will come in black, blue, white and pink.
http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/lenovo-ideapad-a1-tablet.jpg

Radiance

Sep 1, 2011
tumpy, im not a fan of buying stuff that is too new in the market...

rayhodge02 , xoom, how to you connect when there is no wi-fi? I do have a usb internet with t-mobile, would that work to connect?

At the motorola site it is $499! If I go Xoom, where can i get it for less?