I'm having issues rooting my acer iconia a100 with ics?

ersxo

Dec 9, 2011
I have rooted my acer iconia a100 tablet when it was running honeycomb just fine but now that it has updated to ice cream sandwich my old root doesn't work anymore but the new roots I've tried aren't working anymore? these are the methods I've tried:
How to Root Acer Iconia Tab A100 on Android 4.0 ICS Firmware | Techzek - Android, Apple, Windows, BlackBerry News
Root Acer Iconia Tab A100
I've tried the method of doing it directly on my tablet and through plugging it into my laptop (running windows) without any luck. The command prompter comes up correctly when I follow the directions to do the plugging into the computer way but my tablet doesn't reboot or do anything. Its on the debugging setting so I know I'm not doing that wrong. I can't figure out why my tablet isn't responding. Any advice? This is driving me crazy that I can't figure it out :(

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
XDA method worked perfect for me, quick too. When in doubt, XDA seems to always have the answer.

joejoecs

Jan 10, 2011
I have rooted my acer iconia a100 tablet when it was running honeycomb just fine but now that it has updated to ice cream sandwich my old root doesn't work anymore but the new roots I've tried aren't working anymore? these are the methods I've tried:
How to Root Acer Iconia Tab A100 on Android 4.0 ICS Firmware | Techzek - Android, Apple, Windows, BlackBerry News
Root Acer Iconia Tab A100
I've tried the method of doing it directly on my tablet and through plugging it into my laptop (running windows) without any luck. The command prompter comes up correctly when I follow the directions to do the plugging into the computer way but my tablet doesn't reboot or do anything. Its on the debugging setting so I know I'm not doing that wrong. I can't figure out why my tablet isn't responding. Any advice? This is driving me crazy that I can't figure it out :(

I have the same problem. Running ICS I miss my old root. I´ve tried many of method to root but my ACER A100 is still unroot. :mad:
Can you help me?