I'm in Love!!

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
Yep, I read it man.
I have a Disgo 6000 with 2.2 out of the box, and after a factory data reset (not factory reset as can't do this) and only a few apps loaded, and the brightness turned down (its been like this for weeks), plus other tweaks suggested here, etc etc the absolute max I get is less than 2hrs. For surfin, less than that. That's why its going back.

This makes me jealous of you man. I covet my neighbours tablet.

Last edited:

dwarf365

Jul 16, 2011
Yep, I read it man.
I have a Disgo 6000 with 2.2 out of the box, and after a factory data reset (not factory reset as can't do this) and only a few apps loaded, and the brightness turned down (its been like this for weeks), plus other tweaks suggested here, etc etc the absolute max I get is less than 2hrs. For surfin, less than that. That's why its going back.

This makes me jealous of you man. I covet my neighbours tablet.
I worked hard to properly cycle the bat from the very beginning. "They" say lithium bats don't need cycling and don't develop memory. I have found the old rules still apply. Don't charge till bat management shuts down, and don't remove from charger till done. First charge is also important, resist the urge to power up the tab. Just plug it in and walk away for a couple hrs. Its really tough I know, but you can do it ;) Do this for all battery devices and you will a find significant gain in charge life.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Although there are times when I need to squeek out every bit of battery life I can, it is unrealistic for me to let the device determine when I am able to recharge. I just settle with doing a deep cycle once a month or so and just charging when it is convenient in between, although I do try to fully charge when I do plug it in. My experience has been this is a reasonable compromise that allows my tablet to be the most useful for me.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Jun 29, 2011
Although there are times when I need to squeek out every bit of battery life I can, it is unrealistic for me to let the device determine when I am able to recharge. I just settle with doing a deep cycle once a month or so and just charging when it is convenient in between, although I do try to fully charge when I do plug it in. My experience has been this is a reasonable compromise that allows my tablet to be the most useful for me.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Hope this helps
batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hope this helps
batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

This is some great info, and really contradicts what is generally believed to be proper battery care. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum