im new with a couple questions

felipe31295

Jun 14, 2012
I just got my tablet, coby kyros mid8024, and with the stock theres so little i can do. My friend rooted my phone for me without any details, so i know what to do after a device is rooted, but my question is how to root the device in the first place. Any tips on how to understand how to read the instructions others post, do's and dont's, and is rooting a tablet different from a phone? I would like to root my tablet to gain its full potential, but im afraid of doing something wrong. any help would be appreciated greatly.

Last edited:

PinguimFU

May 30, 2012
To Root the phone you have to change the firmware (the software that runs the tablet) with a new image that have the tweeks inside to allow you to use root
you do so by puting the files from the desired firmware image on the SD Card and pushing POWER + Home (the central button) at the same time when you are powering the device on,this will get you in a rescue mode that have the option to upgrade the tablet using the image on the sd

Do s and Do Nots...

1 ALWAYS use a image that was made for your exact model of tablet you have,if you upgrade it with another.s tablet software you can brick it (it will not start) because many parts are diferent causing it to not work properly

2 Remember to do a full backup of the device before the upgrade so you dont lose anything cause the upgrade will format your tablet and install the new software..

3 Make sure it is plugged in and fully charged during the upgrade,if it power off during the upgrade that can cause it to have a corrupted software and also brick....

After it is rooted:

Be happy and check if everyting is correct and functional,also set the basic things again: time,date,language,etc.. many things incluing google play will not work if these basic things are not correcly setup,also remember to do a full charge next time to get the new OS time to measure the battery correcly and calibrate its usage the right way,if not you will end up with a battery that lasts way bellow its full capacity...

as you have a Coby MID 8024 i recomend Nefarious ROM,its a very upgraded ROM with Android 2.3 (newer than stock,takes in a lot more of programs) have a 3D Like awesome honeycomb Theme and also is very light and much more faster and enables you to use Google Play as the stock also dont come with it,and of course,is rooted what means a lot more of control over the device and functions like USB Host,VNC,FTP and a lot of good stuff =)

Link to tutorial and download of the files to put in SD is here...

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...opment/24607-cfw-nefarious-bread-mid8024.html

Be happy with your tablet companion...

Pinguim :cool:

felipe31295

Jun 14, 2012
for some odd reason the app libs app says its not compatable .-. so ive been using 4shared to get apks , but they dont have what my friend recommends for a backup app, Titanium backup. any other good backup apps that 4share has? or is there another place that has great apks?

felipe31295

Jun 14, 2012
i downloaded nefarious bread from your link(the most recent file they had) and have it in root of my sd card...but everytime i go to upgrade it, it cant find it. any ideas?

PinguimFU

May 30, 2012
Very happy you find your way,welcome to the group =)
Mine has a little problem that the camera has not recogonized in nefarious but it has a rooted os (you need root to use titanium backup cause it needs to read system files) and with full google play,much better =)