iMiTO AM801 / blitz rs8 - wifi scanning - connecting - disconnected issue

prettyh8

Jan 30, 2012
Hi guys,

I just got a brand new iMiTO AM801 Android tablet. The tablet does not connect to WiFi. It can scan and see WiFi, but when I try and connect, it says Connecting -> Disconnected.

Exactly like shown in this video:

I have tried many different WiFi connections. Friends house, Hot spot, Starbucks, etc. It's not the router, it's the tablet.

It is running Android 2.3.1 Build Number rk29_gingerbread_v2.10.00 rk29sdk-eng 2.3.1 GINGERBREAD eng.root.20111203.184252 test-keys
I think it is software issue, not hardware (i hope). How should I fix. I can't get tablet onto the internet. Should I reflash using SDcard, or connect to internet via usb / 3G modem and try and search for updates?

Last edited by a moderator:

plecto

Feb 7, 2012
Hi guys,

I just got a brand new iMiTO AM801 Android tablet. The tablet does not connect to WiFi. It can scan and see WiFi, but when I try and connect, it says Connecting -> Disconnected.

Exactly like shown in this video:

I have tried many different WiFi connections. Friends house, Hot spot, Starbucks, etc. It's not the router, it's the tablet.

It is running Android 2.3.1 Build Number rk29_gingerbread_v2.10.00 rk29sdk-eng 2.3.1 GINGERBREAD eng.root.20111203.184252 test-keys
I think it is software issue, not hardware (i hope). How should I fix. I can't get tablet onto the internet. Should I reflash using SDcard, or connect to internet via usb / 3G modem and try and search for updates?

I have exactly the same problem. No way to connect to any wireless network.

BTW, does any one knows how to get the mac address of this device?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammi

Feb 21, 2012
I'm having the same problem connecting to my BoBLite.
I'm downloading the Android manual to see if I can step through trying to connect via WiFi....if it's something simple, I'm missing it.

Any help would be appreciated

nadaz

Mar 10, 2012
Hi I have no knowledge of android tablets and am a beginner just got my imito am801 tablet my wifi so far ok at home. can you tell me if and how I can use usb 3G in Australia? Than you

nishant032

Apr 5, 2012
Same issue here: cant connect to wifi.

Also: does anybody have an how to on how to flash the firmware?

Thanks

enviro8

Feb 29, 2012
Same issue here: cant connect to wifi.

Also: does anybody have an how to on how to flash the firmware?

Thanks

I have written a “How To” for the iMiTO AM801 and Blitz RS8 Android tablets.

This “How To” has several purposes.

It will show how to:
# back up and save your full system
# recover your tablet if you “brick” it
# install and try other Android versions
# go back to your original set up.

It contains updates for:
# Gingerbread (iMiTO and Blitz versions 2.3.1)
# two versions of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) both iMiTO versions 4.0.3.

While the method will save the critical system files and apps, it will not save those apps that you subsequently installed and they will have to be backed up separately.

The process involves rooting your tablet, but the rooting method used is reversible.

The rooting method will only work with the Gingerbread versions (2.3.x) and not with Ice Cream Sandwich versions (4.0.x).

I have not been able to find how to root the ICS versions and my PC does not recognise either ICS versions when connected with the USB

Any help in these area would be appreciated.

In regards to speed, I think that the #44 ICS version is faster than the #27 version

I have uploaded the “How To” as a MS Word 97-2003 “Doc” to:

http://tinyurl.com/6lur2fl