IMITO im7s Bricked

alehawk

Feb 24, 2011
Hi!
Using fwdn I bricked my tablet. It wont even power on.
If I keep power button PC will detect the tablet by the USB port but if I release it it will disconnect from usb.
With power button pressed you can forward boot.img, recovery.img, etc. but when I release it it will disconect from USB. If I press the button after forwarding firmware it wont power on.
I think it it not 100% dead but I dont know what to do.
I guess the partitions are broken (internal filesystem).
Does anyone have an idea or a suggestion of what should I do? There is nothing else to loose here so we can experiment :D
Thank you!

aztimmay

Mar 26, 2011
Saw your post in XDA as well, I put a reply on there:
I'm guessing this is similar to other things I've read where people flash with other images that isn't from the iM7. I did the same thing, but mine would just flash a quick second of the splash screen then the screen would be black.

Try this...plug your tablet in with the power adapter (might work with USB too). Then hold down the home button, press the power button but keep holding the home button for about 30 seconds. If you can get into the recovery screen you should be alright.

You can check this thread:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...re-update.html

I've been researching for days now to get this one I got off craigslist to work right (still not 100%) but it at least boots up.