importing a us purchased Asus prime to the uk

jmgg71

Feb 18, 2012
Do you know whether it is possible to use a Asus prime purchased in the US in the UK? Are there any reasons not to buy in the US?

J

jimbo7630

I can't see any reason against purchasing in USA and using in the UK providing the charger is 100-240v (most are anyway) apart from that I don't see why not but don't expect to be able to use U.S Netflix/Hulu etc they are all IP conditional.!

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Do you have any reason nor to buy it in the UK?

Samsung Galaxy Note

J

jimbo7630

Do you have any reason nor to buy it in the UK?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Generally, things are way cheaper in the U.S than in the UK we have the nickname "Rip-off Britain" and it is well deserved!

Edit: Would you pay $10 for a gallon of gas?? or be prepared to pay zillions in extra taxes to "save the world" fom Climate Change? I think not!

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are talking about the Chancellor of the Exchequer? lol!

You are from there, you know better! I was basing my comment on something i read some time ago about how much it cost to English people to support the Royal Family.

Samsung Galaxy Note

J

jimbo7630

You are from there, you know better! I was basing my comment on something i read some time ago about how much it cost to English people to support the Royal Family.

Samsung Galaxy Note

I was trying to be facetious!

gcogger

Jan 14, 2012
isnt there import duties you'll need to pay when the item will arrive from usa?

Yes, though I don't know how much it is for a tablet. To calculate the final cost:
Take the total cost including postage, and add duty to that (anything from 0 to over 10%).
Take the new total cost including postage and duty, and add 20% VAT.
Pay £8-20 to the courier for the privilege.

The costs can easily go over 30%. You also have to account for the fact that credit card companies, Paypal etc. give you an exchange rate around 3-4% worse than the 'real' exchange rate.