importing email contact information

palmbreeze51

Jan 9, 2012
I have an Asus TF101, my first experience with Android and among all of the "new" stuff I'm learning is my inabilityto figure out why I haven't been able to import my e-mail contacts from my PC to my tablet. Some of them seem to have made it through during a sync but it seems random. Each time I go to sync (which was challenging) I am asked to make outlook my default mail client. Is this really necessary? I use win live mail for 3 of my main accounts and that is where my contacts are.

Also, I bought an e version of an android how to book and it makes reference to a contacts app but it assumes that it is already on the system which in my case is not true.

Any help will be a relief

Thanks

Lapin127

Dec 26, 2012
I have also spent ages trying to work out how to Import Contacts - with my Tablet, there is no way to access Contacts in GMail. This is what I did - you need a properly formatted list of email addresses, probably from your PC, which you can copy onto your Tablet. You can do this by sending yourself the list by email (you will need to put a comma ',' after each address). With the list now on your tablet, go to Gmail IN YOUR WEB BROWSER and compose an email to your own address. You will have to use the Web Browser,as the simplified Gmail on your Tablet will not allow you to also use the 'Add Cc' (compose also to) section. In the 'Cc' section, paste your list of Contacts - very important that you have a comma between each contact address. Now Send this to yourself - you will now find that these Contacts are now saved and will appear in the 'To' heading if you type the first 2 characters.
This worked for me and I hope that it will work for you!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have an Asus TF101, my first experience with Android and among all of the "new" stuff I'm learning is my inabilityto figure out why I haven't been able to import my e-mail contacts from my PC to my tablet. Some of them seem to have made it through during a sync but it seems random. Each time I go to sync (which was challenging) I am asked to make outlook my default mail client. Is this really necessary? I use win live mail for 3 of my main accounts and that is where my contacts are.

Also, I bought an e version of an android how to book and it makes reference to a contacts app but it assumes that it is already on the system which in my case is not true.

Any help will be a relief

Thanks

So, maybe I'm confused. Is Outlook your mail client on your PC, or not? No matter the client Google can import vCard or CSV formatted address books. I even sync my Thunderbird mail address book with Google and it stays current on by tablet.