Impulse buy -omg-what have I done?

srk

Aug 7, 2011
I went to buy cat food at Petsmart yesterday and I saw some people in line next door so I went over to see. It was a Liquidation Sale and I ended up buying a 7" Sylvania Tablet for $150. At first, it didn't seem to turn on, but after driving all the way back, the salesperson set it up for me. Really, I think you just need to hold down the power button for a couple seconds. I've never had a tablet before, or even a cell phone. I have a laptop, but no internet access from home. I'm sure glad I found this forum! They don't take returns. I found out afterwards that Sears had them on sale for only $99, but maybe it's an older version. I have Android 2, even though the box says Android 1. Any tips will be appreciated.:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum srk. The Sylvania Tablets section would be the place to ask any questions you might have about your tablet. Just click the link.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Well if you really feel you've made a mistake. I suggest the following.
Upgrade to Android 2.2 by following the instructions in this forum.
Install Angy birds and several other popular games.

Auction it on ebay highlighting the fact that its upgraded to 2.2, and runs Angry Birds, and you are in the USA. Use a starting price of $1, free shipping.
I may actually sell for more than you paid for it.

But then after you do all that you may decide to keep it for yourself.