In app purchases and bonus points question

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Please bare with me as I'm still new to using the Android Honeycomb OS and just have a basic question. I downloaded this free racing game and in order to upgrade your vehicles it requires money (virtual money earned in the game) and respect which can either be earned by winning races, purchased (with real money) or earned by in app downloads and offers. Anyhow, I clicked on an Android marketplace app link because it said I would earn 500 bonus points (respect) in the racing game, I went ahead and installed the new app, launched it for a minute or two, then went back to the racing app only to realize the bonus points had not been added. What am I missing here? Is there something special you need to do in order to activate points/bonuses like this or how does this work exactly? It seems pretty straight forward, at least you would think, but I'm just a bit confused and hopefully someone here can explain.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Just disregard this question, it took a few hours but the points did eventually show up. I was expecting them to show up instantly but I guess that's not how it works and now I know!