In case you are tempted to remove the tape over the Simm card slot...

zanetti2000

Apr 30, 2011
(under the same cover as the micro SD slot) and try inserting a Simm card (it fits perfectly)...

Without first carefully looking into the slot...

Well. DON'T.

a crazy person I know did that. And the Acer A500 goobled the simm card up like
a mother-in-law drinking your good scotch.
It'll be gone. The simm card that is.
Clearly the slot is there for future use and taped over for a good reason.

However, I'm here to report that there is plenty of space inside the tablet for a simm card to rattle around in.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
That's a reason that I don't have that particular tablet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
SNAP!

Thanks so much for saving me the hassle. I was going to peel it back and check it out.

Sorry you had to go through this, but THANKS a bunch for sharing.

BTW...how long will that card rattle around in there before you get it out?

Bob

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
That doesn't seem like much of a reason to me?
I'm just wondering the reason to why, I mean the Iconia is a great tablet. Is it because it doesn't have a functioning sim card slot?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Also the pad is kind of expensive. I just olain don't like it but I might get one to be able to join these forums; ). But seriously, they need to get the tech down AND THEN charge outrageous prices.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

iPadhater

Aug 8, 2010
Besides the Asus transformeR WHICh is never available or the advent Vega which is UK only, this is the cheapest Tegra 2 tablet. Well worth it IMO.

Natcha

May 9, 2011
I had to chuckle about the rattling sim card. I did something similar when I got my new car which had a fancy sound system/gps screen/etc built into the dash. The salesman told me it had a compact flash slot behind the gps screen for mp3 files. Got the car home, quickly loaded up a 4 gb compact flash car with music and inserted it - only to watch it quickly disapear. Turns out the car had a full size PCMCIA card slot. I spent several weeks trying all sorts of methods to remove the compact flash through the slot opening. I finally got it out without damaging anything. Ended up filing down a set of tweezers and put some sticky adhesive on the tips and was able to get it out. My biggest concern was that the card could cause a short circuit. Good luck with getting your sim card out.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

zanetti2000

Apr 30, 2011
I once put my airline tickets (back in the day where they actually gave your tickets in a folded envelop) into the CD slot of my cars radio.
just as a handy place to out it as I drove into the airport. well the player pulled the entire ticket in like it was a CD.. and it won't eject it.
isn't life grand? :)

Dart

May 2, 2011
Good warning! I took the tape off last week and poked my eyes in there. Now I had to find some other electrical tape to cover the slot so I don't do exactly that!

SupahDroid

Mar 21, 2011
the Taped sim card slot is for the A501 model Made For AT&T they just Use same casing for both the A500 and A501

spexwood

May 11, 2011
^ that

I once put my airline tickets (back in the day where they actually gave your tickets in a folded envelop) into the CD slot of my cars radio.
just as a handy place to out it as I drove into the airport. well the player pulled the entire ticket in like it was a CD.. and it won't eject it.
isn't life grand? :)

This made me crack up laughing; especially your final remark.

alec11

Aug 16, 2011
new to tablets have acer iconia a500, by far a computer expert,when you meant to put the sd card in the slot? and where does it tell you if your getting more room ,or do you wait until tablet has no more storage space ,i put an 8gb card in ,its not dhaking around ,but cant remmember see-ing any tape etc ? brand new novice user should i take the sd card out until needed or leave where it is ?

alec11

Aug 16, 2011
hi brand new user i was told to put the card in straight away ,its not rattling around ,should i take the card i bought ( an 8gb card) i take it this card is for more space when the tablets full ? should i take it out or leave it there ,plenty storage as its brand new tablet ?