Inaccurate Warranty Information On Lenovo Website

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
I purchased my new IdeaTab A2109 on 12-22-2012 @ my local best buy store, it was on sale. Actually..I was going to purchase a different brand of tablet (Acer),
but at the time, they were out of the model that I wanted. It also has a Tegra 3 quad core processor like the A2109. I un-packed my new A2109, got everything setup on it, and registered my tablet with Lenovo. After a couple days, I was on the Lenovo website, I clicked on the verify warranty link, after typing in my serial # I was presented with some incorrect information. It displayed this:

Status: In warranty Start Date: 8/1/12 Expiration Date: 9/14/13 Available Days In Warranty: 264 days remaining
By having purchased my A2109 on 12-22-2012, that CAN'T be correct..I called the toll free # 1-877-4 Lenovo (1-877-453-6686) , I spoke with a person by the name of 'JOHN' , I informed him of what was going on with the warranty website. He took my relevant information...name, address, phone#, etc., also he asked me for a valid e-mail address, which I provided to him. He said he would send me a message that contained a 'link' of an e-mail address of where to send a copy of my purchase receipt to, here's a copy of the e-mail message:

Hi,

This is John from Lenovo Hardware warranty support.

Please send a copy of the receipt of your machine to : [email protected]

Kindly include the case or reference number to the subject line of the email.

Thanks,

John

Lenovo Warranty Support

I sent a copy of my receipt in 'pdf' format, so far anyway..I haven't seen any changes whatsoever when checking the 'status' of my warranty, or when trying to purchase a extended warranty. Actually..I'm now having second thought's concerning if I made the correct choice in purchasing a Lenovo product.So far anyway,
I haven't heard ANYTHING from them, it's REALLY kind of frustrating that nothing been done about this as of yet. I don't know what to do next, any suggestions ?

Thanks,
David :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for your post just checked, mine.

Start Date:
2012-08-23 End Date:
2013-10-06 Warranty:
LB1 Activ

I bought mine 12-26-2012

I also recently bought 2 years with ADH squaretrade warranty for $50

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
I surely hope they get this corrected a.s.a.p., I've done what was asked of me..I thought Lenovo was a better company than that.
David :confused:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I surely hope they get this corrected a.s.a.p., I've done what was asked of me..I thought Lenovo was a better company than that.

I can't say anything good or bad about the company, Like you, this is my first tablet from them, seems odd they started our warranty coverage in August, before we bought them in December.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
I would have to say in honesty..the Lenovo A2109 IdeaTab is a LOT nicer than my previous tablet (Viewsonic Gtablet) of course the gtab only has a tegra 2 cpu, compared to a tegra 3 quad core on the A2109.
David

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
When I got home from yesterday, I made my mind up to call the lenovo toll free tech. support #, I'm so glad that I did. This time I was able to speak with a different agent. I informed him that I did in fact have a 'incident' number given to me from the previous tech. support agent. That really improved the entire situation, he informed me that in fact that the copy of my sales receipt that I attached to a e-mail message hadn't been received properly, and he suggested to resend the e-mail 'live' while I was on the phone call with him. I did so, and he said he in fact did receive it, he replied back to me via email to confirm that fact. He informed me the changes would be made to my warranty status on their website within 3 business day's time. I thanked him for his assistance, he also pointed out to me that customer service is available 24/7 . Now I'm just waiting to make sure that the changes in fact take place.
David

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I always provide a copy of the purchase receipt when I need warrantied service on anything. What a company has online or in their records is not the final word. It is nice for it to be correct as things will go more smoothly. But I would not return an item or worry about a large company just because the displayed info is wrong.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Dear arbarnhart,
Thanks for your reply..I tried to keep a 'cool head' about this, I did my research about Lenovo, all in all..most information I've read about them is positive. They in fact have a LOT of interesting product's, like I told the customer service rep. yesterday, this is my first purchase of one of their product's, so I want / expect things to be correct. Have a GREAT day !
David
P.S. Have you 'rooted' your A2109 ?

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Dear arbarnhart,
Thanks for your reply..I tried to keep a 'cool head' about this, I did my research about Lenovo, all in all..most information I've read about them is positive. They in fact have a LOT of interesting product's, like I told the customer service rep. yesterday, this is my first purchase of one of their product's, so I want / expect things to be correct. Have a GREAT day !
David
P.S. Have you 'rooted' your A2109 ?
no to rooting. I almost did because of backup issues, but figured out a way around.

Lenovo has operated pretty much like IBM did before the PC division buyout. Most of my experience has been with laptops, which they stand behind pretty well. I feel pretty confident that they will honor a warranty if a receipt shows it should be in force.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Dear arbarnhart,
Always great to hear back from you..it seems that I'm liking lenovo product's more and more, they surely seem to be higher quality than what I owned previously (Viewsonic Gtablet). Why do you say "no to rooting. I almost did because of backup issues, but figured out a way around" , the only reason I was thinking about doing so was because the Avast Mobile Software I installed on my A2109 tablet requires it for an 'added' feature to function properly.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I had an issue early on that required a factory reset to fix. I had bought and used a backup application first and was disappointed to find it didn't restore app settings. Support told me that requires root. Turns out I just had to enable a setting to allow Google to store them. I won't enter into the argument about privacy/security and I understand some aren't comfortable with that. I am. Anyway, I have had no other reason to do it. I am even doing a little java programming in AIDE and it works fine without it. If it were as simple as checking a box, I might do it. I am not avidly anti-rooting, but it is enough trouble that I won't do it without a good reason and I don't have one.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Hello All,
I purchased my new IdeaTab A2109 on 12-22-2012 @ my local best buy store, it was on sale. Actually..I was going to purchase a different brand of tablet (Acer),
but at the time, they were out of the model that I wanted. It also has a Tegra 3 quad core processor like the A2109. I un-packed my new A2109, got everything setup on it, and registered my tablet with Lenovo. After a couple days, I was on the Lenovo website, I clicked on the verify warranty link, after typing in my serial # I was presented with some incorrect information. It displayed this:

Status: In warranty Start Date: 8/1/12 Expiration Date: 9/14/13 Available Days In Warranty: 264 days remaining
By having purchased my A2109 on 12-22-2012, that CAN'T be correct..I called the toll free # 1-877-4 Lenovo (1-877-453-6686) , I spoke with a person by the name of 'JOHN' , I informed him of what was going on with the warranty website. He took my relevant information...name, address, phone#, etc., also he asked me for a valid e-mail address, which I provided to him. He said he would send me a message that contained a 'link' of an e-mail address of where to send a copy of my purchase receipt to, here's a copy of the e-mail message:

Hi,

This is John from Lenovo Hardware warranty support.

Please send a copy of the receipt of your machine to : [email protected]

Kindly include the case or reference number to the subject line of the email.

Thanks,

John

Lenovo Warranty Support

I sent a copy of my receipt in 'pdf' format, so far anyway..I haven't seen any changes whatsoever when checking the 'status' of my warranty, or when trying to purchase a extended warranty. Actually..I'm now having second thought's concerning if I made the correct choice in purchasing a Lenovo product.So far anyway,
I haven't heard ANYTHING from them, it's REALLY kind of frustrating that nothing been done about this as of yet. I don't know what to do next, any suggestions ?

Thanks,
David :(

I was thinking of getting one here in a few weeks, I was tossing it back and forth between the A2109 and the Toshiba Excite AT305,But this makes it fairly simple for me.
If this is the way Lenovo handles it.
I've had to do that with an HP Pavilion and Compaq that I have bought with no big deal, send them copy of the reciept and within a week it was updated.
And with Acer it was updated automattically when I bought the computer somehow through the register at the store. It was changed before I got home.
And Dell is dated from the time you bought it from the store as well with nothing to be done by me.

I to am surprised by this and am now leaning more towards the Toshiba then I am the A2109....
Even at an extra $100 it's better as long as you get a fair shake on the warranty.