Incompatable with the Acer A500

komobu

Feb 15, 2012
I am looking at apps in the marketplace and some of the ones I want say "incompatable with the Acer A500" What gives? I tried to download the Walgreen Mobile App but it says it is incompatable with the Acer A500. I am seeing that remark on a lot of different apps. Is there a work around?

as a side note, how can I print photos from Walgreens or CVS that I have taken with my A500? I take pictures and often have a need to develop with in 30 minutes. I would like to be able to send them from my device to the store so that they are ready when I get there.

Thanks for any help

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Not every app on the market is compatible with Honeycomb. It's probably an operating system issue, not an Acer issue. If you have an Android phone with Froyo or Gingerbread, try your Walgreens app there.

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
You can install the apps to an android phone an use astro file manager to back up the app. Then transfer the .apk to your tab. Then install them. Yep its a pain. That's the work around I use till I get all my android devices updated to ics.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You can do what juhni says, but usually there is a reason an app is marked as incompatible with some devices.

From the description:

Walgreens requires these permissions:
directly call phone numbers

Right away, you know that isn't going to work.
They probably need this for the fact that it handles Medical Prescriptions, and the pharmacy is going to want
positive ID, and may need a phone number.

Doing an end-run around the android market is seldom a good idea, but you can occasionally get away with it.
Expect weird and hard to diagnose crashes.