Info on Coby MID1125-4G processor specs?

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 2 Technical' started by Sgtdisturbed47, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Sgtdisturbed47

Sgtdisturbed47 Member

I have been looking at getting this nicely-reviewed 10" tablet (Amazon reviews say great things about it), but the processor specs are very limited and I can't seem to find any info on the processor. What I do know:

• It sits at 1GHz
    • It's likely 65nm
    • It's single core

What I don't know:

• If I'm correct about it being 65nm. Could it be 45nm?
    • Who is Telechips? Do they make good processors?
    • Can it be overclocked?

I know it's a budget tablet, but I have found no info about the processor. Maybe one of you know? I an comparing it to the Kindle Fire, which has a dual-core at 1ghz, with a 45nm process. Dual-core isn't a selling point for me, but the 65nm vs 45nm is a deciding factor. From what I have seen in person, the Kindle Fire has good performance. It's not an nVidia Tegra 2, but it does perform. I have not seen or used any Coby tablet, and even YouTube has nothing on the 1125 besides a video of a display model, and no hands-on videos.

Thank you all!

2. Kairnage

Kairnage Member

It should be the TCC8803 Cortex A8 with the Mali 200 GPU, it is a 45NM. Coby is not great about disclosing specific tech information, so you have to do a little digging. I am still trying to figure out the real difference between 1024 and the 1125.

3. Sgtdisturbed47

Sgtdisturbed47 Member

How would the TI OMAP 4430 on the Kindle Fire compare?