InfoTM update wrap found! Firmware Verison: 11.2.1.8.2.0

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Update - Please see http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ex7-android-2-2-froyo-using-microsd-card.htmlHow to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo" to confirm tablets specific Hardware Version "hwver" as this seems to determine the updates if available.

Sylvania splash screen initially displayed 11.2.1.8 (571) at bottom right and Firmware reported 2.02 but when I went to Settings and selected Update System I was greeted with Update Available.

Upon downloading (very quickly as compared to last time) the following screen was presented.

InfoTM update wrap found!
Firmware Verison: 11.2.1.8.2.0

Press SCREEN to update or press RESET to exit.

$IMG_0376.JPG

Last edited:

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Sylvania splash screen initially displayed 11.2.1.8 (571) at bottom right and Firmware reported 2.02 but when I went to Settings and selected Update System I was greeted with Update Available.

Upon downloading (very quickly as compared to last time) the following screen was presented.

InfoTM update wrap found!
Firmware Verison: 11.2.1.8.2.0

Press SCREEN to update or press RESET to exit.

View attachment 1266

No joy for me when I check for an update. Hopefully it means they are testing and close to release.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
...and did it actually flash an update?

Since posting a few hours ago, I have been UNABLE to get the update to flash.

Here's the sequence - Initial InfoTM screen shows 11.2.1.8(571) in lower right.

$IMG_0386.JPG
Then the next screen shows Tux, the penguin character and the official mascot of the Linux kernel in the upper left.
$IMG_0387.JPG
I go to Settings and select Upgrade system > Check updating. This displays "System Update available" and then I select Update. It downloads -
$IMG_0382.JPG
It loads -
$IMG_0383.JPG
Then it unpacks - Reading Update Package ...
$IMG_0384.JPG

However, when I press on SCREEN (I assume anywhere and I've tried everywhere) nothing happens!!! Frustrating.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Interesting. There has never been firmware version in the lower right on the infotmic screen when I turn my tab on.

steevo1981

Apr 5, 2011
No firmware info located on InfoTIC screen here either. When an update is attempted I am greeted only with "Update check failed! ERR 301"

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
No firmware info located on InfoTIC screen here either. When an update is attempted I am greeted only with "Update check failed! ERR 301"

Update - reported by st0ne, doing a Factory Reset "three finger method" after reboot, Update check worked.

steevo1981 - A few things to check if you have rooted your device and understand adb commands, otherwise you might just attempt a full factory reset and try again.

Check the Hardware Version "hwver"

C:\>adb shell cat /proc/cmdline
console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xeef07901 hwver=11.2.0.6

Check the Kernel version

C:\>adb shell cat proc/version
cat proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32.9 (warits@msuG) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #43 Thu Nov 18 1
3:22:09 GMT 2010
#

Using this information the update servers can be checked to see if an update is available which can be applied via SD card if necessary.

Last edited:

xandercage

Apr 7, 2011
Since posting a few hours ago, I have been UNABLE to get the update to flash.

Here's the sequence - Initial InfoTM screen shows 11.2.1.8(571) in lower right.

View attachment 1268
Then the next screen shows Tux, the penguin character and the official mascot of the Linux kernel in the upper left.
View attachment 1269
I go to Settings and select Upgrade system > Check updating. This displays "System Update available" and then I select Update. It downloads -
View attachment 1270
It loads -
View attachment 1271
Then it unpacks - Reading Update Package ...
View attachment 1272

However, when I press on SCREEN (I assume anywhere and I've tried everywhere) nothing happens!!! Frustrating.

I confirm the same. Actually somehow I corrupted the OS and was looking for some way to flash the ROM into device, when I found this way of bootable SD. Since OTG port is not working, so bootable SD card seems only solution.

When it says press Screen to proceed or reset to exit, nothing happens.

And believe me, it shows 11.2.1.8 on my tablet also.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I confirm the same. Actually somehow I corrupted the OS and was looking for some way to flash the ROM into device, when I found this way of bootable SD. Since OTG port is not working, so bootable SD card seems only solution.

When it says press Screen to proceed or reset to exit, nothing happens.

And believe me, it shows 11.2.1.8 on my tablet also.

xandercage, perfect timing to have an issue! I wish I knew what we know now to avoid the frustration.

Update - Guessing at the sequence for update files here the link that pulls an update for "hwver=11.2.1.8"

http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius This file can be used in the manual microSD update process

For reference - If you have Universal AndRoot, adbWireless and RootExplorer working with some basic skills you can -

1) interrupt the automatic update process by turning the tablet off After the download completes but Before it completes it's run through the attempt to burn.

2) Once the device is turned back on, using RootExplorer navigate to locate "/local/system.ius"

3) Copy "system.ius" to your computer C:\adb pull /local/system.ius (If you would be so kind to post this so others may benefit)

4) Use the system.ius in the process to manually update via microSD

5) Post your results

Good luck, you'll have fun trying

Last edited:

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I am going to assume that the 11.2.1.8.2.0 update is for the LP. But I might flash it to my EX just to see...

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I am going to assume that the 11.2.1.8.2.0 update is for the LP. But I might flash it to my EX just to see...

st0ne - Each of the updates I believe are Hardware Version "hwver" specific. I tried the 11.2.1.5 on the 7LP (11.2.0.6) and it didn't do anything. Give it a try but as you experience before flashing the incorrect ROM can make the tablet non-functioning.

Code:
.line 164
    :try_start_2
    new-instance v30, Ljava/io/File;

[B]    const-string v32, "/proc/cmdline"[/B]

move-object/from16 v0, v30

move-object/from16 v1, v32

invoke-direct {v0, v1}, Ljava/io/File;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 165
    .local v30, verFile:Ljava/io/File;
    new-instance v29, Ljava/io/BufferedReader;

new-instance v32, Ljava/io/InputStreamReader;

new-instance v33, Ljava/io/FileInputStream;

move-object/from16 v0, v33

move-object/from16 v1, v30

invoke-direct {v0, v1}, Ljava/io/FileInputStream;-><init>(Ljava/io/File;)V

invoke-direct/range {v32 .. v33}, Ljava/io/InputStreamReader;-><init>(Ljava/io/InputStream;)V

move-object/from16 v0, v29

invoke-direct {v0, v1}, Ljava/io/BufferedReader;-><init>(Ljava/io/Reader;)V

.line 166
    .local v29, verBR:Ljava/io/BufferedReader;
    invoke-virtual/range {v29 .. v29}, Ljava/io/BufferedReader;->[B]readLine()[/B]Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v5

.line 167
    .local v5, cmdline:Ljava/lang/String;
    invoke-virtual/range {v29 .. v29}, Ljava/io/BufferedReader;->close()V

.line 168
    [B]const-string v32, "hwver="[/B]

move-object v0, v5

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Ljava/lang/String;->indexOf(Ljava/lang/String;)I

move-result v14

.line 169
    [B].local v14, ihw:I[/B]
    if-gez v14, :cond_4

.line 171
    move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/UpdateCheck$2$1;->this$1:Lcom/android/settings/UpdateCheck$2;

move-object/from16 v32, v0

const/16 v33, 0x12d

invoke-virtual/range {v32 .. v33}, Lcom/android/settings/UpdateCheck$2;->sendMSG(I)V
    :try_end_2
    .catch Ljava/io/IOException; {:try_start_2 .. :try_end_2} :catch_2
    .catch Ljava/lang/IndexOutOfBoundsException; {:try_start_2 .. :try_end_2} :catch_3
    .catch Ljava/lang/Exception; {:try_start_2 .. :try_end_2} :catch_1

Last edited:

xandercage

Apr 7, 2011
xandercage, perfect timing to have an issue! I wish I knew what we know now to avoid the frustration.

Update - Guessing at the sequence for update files here the link that pulls an update for "hwver=11.2.1.8"

http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius This file can be used in the manual microSD update process

For reference - If you have Universal AndRoot, adbWireless and RootExplorer working with some basic skills you can -

1) interrupt the automatic update process by turning the tablet off After the download completes but Before it completes it's run through the attempt to burn.

2) Once the device is turned back on, using RootExplorer navigate to locate "/local/system.ius"

3) Copy "system.ius" to your computer C:\adb pull /local/system.ius (If you would be so kind to post this so others may benefit)

4) Use the system.ius in the process to manually update via microSD

5) Post your results

Good luck, you'll have fun trying

thanks for your feedback. But there are more issues in my case.

• First, the tablet was working fine with me for few days, infact I installed those applications also which i think would not be possible and they worked great.
  • Then, I do not know why, but I installed BusyBox I think on the tablet as I already had it rooted with Universal Androot. Although I did not used or rebooted the tablet after that installation, I was playing Angry Birds just for fun. Suddenly I got low battery warning, and then it went off.
  • Then I charged it for like 1 hr or so and tried to power it on, but it used to get hanged in boot process. in the process, Infotmic screen used to appear, then Tux character at top left corner, then android prompt, and then black screen for hours and hours. after android prompt, the android animation should have come, but there was black screen and no progress. Since OTG port was dead, so as not able to do anything with it.
  • Then, I searched so much in internet for SYNET7LP, the only option seemed available to me in this case was bootable SD. so I made it with Winhex and used the firmware for Flytouch 2. I think this is the mistake I committed. Although, it burned the filesystem flawlessly, but after I rebooted it, then everything went perfect till android prompt, but after that white screen for hours and hours. no progress after that.
  • Then, I searched more and I found that there is some difference in the hardware of SYNET7LP and FLYTOUCH 2, mainly Flytouch 2 is 10" and 7LP is 7". That gave me the idea that I have burned wrong image.
  • Then I searched more, and I found the process of bruning ROM to tablet by this Infotmic way. So, I downloaded the ius for my device which is 11.2.1.8 and made the SD bootable. When I tried to boot, it boots saying booting from SD card and then it says Press Screen to update or reset to exit. How weird it is at this point, that screen does not respond to any touch, so it does not go any further.
  • Now, I am left with a brick, whose screen does not respond, OTG is dead, and does not have any OS in it.
for your reference, I am placing some screenshots.
$ABCD0011.JPG
$ABCD0013.JPG
$ABCD0012.JPG

but you know, I really liked this tablet as I was able to install whole Google Experience including Marketplace, gtalk, gmail, maps, everything quite easily with Universal Androot and few other tools.

I just hope now, somebody brings some solution to this screen problem.....

Last edited:

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
thanks for your feedback. But there are more issues in my case.

• First, the tablet was working fine with me for few days, infact I installed those applications also which i think would not be possible and they worked great.
  • Then, I do not know why, but I installed BusyBox I think on the tablet as I already had it rooted with Universal Androot. Although I did not used or rebooted the tablet after that installation, I was playing Angry Birds just for fun. Suddenly I got low battery warning, and then it went off.
  • Then I charged it for like 1 hr or so and tried to power it on, but it used to get hanged in boot process. in the process, Infotmic screen used to appear, then Tux character at top left corner, then android prompt, and then black screen for hours and hours. after android prompt, the android animation should have come, but there was black screen and no progress. Since OTG port was dead, so as not able to do anything with it.
  • Then, I searched so much in internet for SYNET7LP, the only option seemed available to me in this case was bootable SD. so I made it with Winhex and used the firmware for Flytouch 2. I think this is the mistake I committed. Although, it burned the filesystem flawlessly, but after I rebooted it, then everything went perfect till android prompt, but after that white screen for hours and hours. no progress after that.
  • Then, I searched more and I found that there is some difference in the hardware of SYNET7LP and FLYTOUCH 2, mainly Flytouch 2 is 10" and 7LP is 7". That gave me the idea that I have burned wrong image.
  • Then I searched more, and I found the process of bruning ROM to tablet by this Infotmic way. So, I downloaded the ius for my device which is 11.2.1.8 and made the SD bootable. When I tried to boot, it boots saying booting from SD card and then it says Press Screen to update or reset to exit. How weird it is at this point, that screen does not respond to any touch, so it does not go any further.
  • Now, I am left with a brick, whose screen does not respond, OTG is dead, and does not have any OS in it.

for your reference, I am placing some screenshots.
View attachment 2021
View attachment 2020
View attachment 2022

but you know, I really liked this tablet as I was able to install whole Google Experience including Marketplace, gtalk, gmail, maps, everything quite easily with Universal Androot and few other tools.

I just hope now, somebody brings some solution to this screen problem.....

I remember somewhere along the lines reading that someone had gotten this tablet to be recgonized by burn tool by connecting the tablet to the usb prior to boot and the device would hang during the boot process and they were able to get the decive10 to light up on the burn tool. I'll see if i can find the link to that info. I don't know what you'd burn but maybe we can take the downloaded update file and get it to burn using the burn tool.

I see where you said the otg port was dead. Have you tried to power the tablet on with the usb connect to a computer? the tablets when they 1st shipped people thought they had a dead usb it wasn't it simply wasn't turned on in the os. Try booting it with the cable connected and using the windows xp instructions at the below link.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-2-2-froyo-using-microsd-card.html#post72565

Last edited:

xandercage

Apr 7, 2011
@ bigwooly

I have tried the same that you said. connecting the cable between OTG port and PC without powering on the tablet. after that when I power on the tablet, nothing happens. so, that is how I concluded that OTG port is dead, although my host USB is working as if I connect a keyboard through it and press CTRL+ALT+DEL, then it reboots the tablet.

So, do not know what to do now.

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
I remember somewhere along the lines reading that someone had gotten this tablet to be recgonized by burn tool by connecting the tablet to the usb prior to boot and the device would hang during the boot process and they were able to get the decive10 to light up on the burn tool. I'll see if i can find the link to that info. I don't know what you'd burn but maybe we can take the downloaded update file and get it to burn using the burn tool.

I see where you said the otg port was dead. Have you tried to power the tablet on with the usb connect to a computer? the tablets when they 1st shipped people thought they had a dead usb it wasn't it simply wasn't turned on in the os. Try booting it with the cable connected and using the windows xp instructions at the below link.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-2-2-froyo-using-microsd-card.html#post72565

I apologize for butting in here as I am not a tablet hacker. However, bigwolly's words reminded me that I too thought my OTG USB port was dead. I was completely wrong. When I connected my SYTABEX7 using my OTG port to my running Win XP system and turned my tablet on, I did get a message on my XP system telling me that XP had found a new device on the USB port. Unfortunately for me, my XP system is 32 bit and so I could no further.