Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

urphonesux

Dec 29, 2010
on my hypepad to access recovery hold -volume and home while powering on. Continue to hold those two after letting power go .it will appear to boot normally but the menu will come up.

I am currently running fw 1568 with no problems

If u cant reregister after updating try this

Before u flash the firmware use root explorer to goto /cache/profiles and delete the file there
Then flash as usual and connect to ur internet
Now register with the code that came with ur device originally

Jan 10, 2011
For those who can't get to the recovery screen there is a link earlier in this topic on how to make a bootable microsd with the firmware on it

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Hi and thanks again,

I've been experimenting with Dropbox on my APad and I'm having problems uploading files to the dropbox folders from the APad. When I do a "long-click" on a file that I want to upload to my drop-box space, the menu appears and Dropbox option is within that menu. However, when I click on it, a warning pops up that:

Sorry!
The application Dropbox (process com.dropbox.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I rebooted the device and tried again but the same message pops up.

I was wondering if you new of any reason why this should be; uploading disabled on the APad, for example, or some limitation that is stopping it uploading files?

Am now going to start working on Titanium Backup to back up my programs and apps ; I'll post here if I have trouble with it..

However, in general, I have Dropbox installed on both my PC and mobile device so am on my way to backing up my important documents.

Thanks a lot; my regards,

Andre

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Tried to run Titanium Backup but wants root priviledges and I dont knowhow to do it.
Perhaps because we have tried it without having connected the 2 devices - PC and APad - with the Usb cable.
Appriciate if you can guide us on this issue as well.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Andre

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Hi. Just joined this group after reading all the comments for the past 2 days. Trying to do a download after a complet brick condition - don't ever plug the dc plug of the AC US adaptor in and then plug the AC adaptor into the mains, It will brick you.

Eventually found the Factory Master Reset button sequence, BUT it loaded deb-r2.1.1001 version.
Now all the command buttons, power, menu, home,vol, back are now different.
Reading some of the comments that different users have made it is apparent that each version upgrade applies different button command to access updates.
I now need to get back to 1107 to get to 1561 which after 27 hours of downloading just did not work.

We work in the visually impaired arena and would like to get an Android APad based version to remove the high cost of the Apple IPad only current option available.
Any thoughts on assistance appreciated.
Regards
Graham.

OrrKislev

Jan 17, 2011
I just can't get it to work!
i'm actually not sure, i think its wowpad... (by the way, how do i know...)!

i've tried downloading the update, (which took about 7 hours), and install it, normally. but the device rebooted and got stuck on the "infotmic" screen, for a few hours until i powered off.
tried to download the 1568 that you uploaded, and replace it with the original, at /local/, naming it "update.zip" and then do the system update. it said the the package is damaged, deleted it, and asked me if i want to download it again!!
booting to recover just dont work, no matter what sequence of buttons to push i try. if i power on while hoplding the -volume and the menu, it stays on the "infotmic" screen a couple of minutes, then booting normal.
if i power on with the big home button, it get to the countdown screen, and if i push the big home button, and the menu and home buttons, it just get stuck on the countdown screen, on 1sec.

what the hell to do with it?!

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
I have the "green screen of death" if I get a M to M usb an I access the file structure on the pad? and has anyone had any luck with restoring via PC?? I tried the SD card thing but no luck

DanDare

Dec 31, 2010
Hi. Just joined this group after reading all the comments for the past 2 days. Trying to do a download after a complet brick condition - don't ever plug the dc plug of the AC US adaptor in and then plug the AC adaptor into the mains, It will brick you.

Eventually found the Factory Master Reset button sequence, BUT it loaded deb-r2.1.1001 version.
Now all the command buttons, power, menu, home,vol, back are now different.
Reading some of the comments that different users have made it is apparent that each version upgrade applies different button command to access updates.
I now need to get back to 1107 to get to 1561 which after 27 hours of downloading just did not work.

We work in the visually impaired arena and would like to get an Android APad based version to remove the high cost of the Apple IPad only current option available.
Any thoughts on assistance appreciated.
Regards
Graham.

Hi, can you connect to the internet via wifi if you can you should still be able to just run system update again it should just download the latest firmware again.

If you cannot connect to the internet via wifi which was my problem i just connected a ethernet cable from my router to the pad and updated with system update give it a try.

Hope it helps....

DanDare

Dec 31, 2010
Tried it with 3 different sd cards and, unfortunatly for me with no luck. boo hoo

Hi, are you sure you have formatted the sd card correctly when done the sd card should have a capacity of 736 mb.
i.e. my 2gig sd card now says it has 701 mb free in windows.

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
Hi, are you sure you have formatted the sd card correctly when done the sd card should have a capacity of 736 mb.
i.e. my 2gig sd card now says it has 701 mb free in windows.

Ok thats interesting, no I dont think it did. Will try again. Thanks

Ok tried it again, i'm clearly missing somethig as I'm using a 1Gb card and its giving me 964 mb free

Last edited: