Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
Hi John!!
What do you mean by local folder !!
Because my update deb-r 2.1.1561 after download is now stored with an exclamation mark (!)on the left corner
of my Status Bar next to the Hub button.
When I drag and drop it on my APad screen a notification opens about the existence of the file
and gives me the option to view or to clear.
Did you face the same thing and how did you proceeded.
Thanks a lot.
Andre

Hi Altkon, I did see the exclamation mark after download.
Open the file by 'viewing' it. It should do everything for you.

If this fails and you brick it, just follow the suggestions for flashing the ROM via microSD.
The local folder relates to a rooted device - when you root the system you can open up the operating files in the system. The update was in the local folder.
Hope this helps.

onmygame

Jan 17, 2011
I have the "green screen of death" if I get a M to M usb an I access the file structure on the pad? and has anyone had any luck with restoring via PC?? I tried the SD card thing but no luck

fixed the green screen by holding power and home or menu button at the same time(sorry can'tremember which one). a sort of safe mode comes up where you can wipe your system. you lose all data on the internal memory but it fixes the problem. as for the update it took cancelling and restarting three times to complete and took several hours.

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Hi bjack!!!
On which subforum please can you provide me with link??
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Andre

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Format that micro sd to fat32
Put that file on to the memory card. Make sure it's the only file!
Boot into recovery mode and select to update from that zip
You should now be sorted ;)

Hope this helps,
Richardo
Hi Richardo!!
A have bought a new 4GB Micro SD Scandisk card and plugged it with the Adapter into my WXP PC USB SLOT.
Then from "my computer" I have it located right clicked on it and clicked Format.
I saw that it is already formated as FAT32.
In this case can I consider my SD card as suitable to accept the update zip file for deb-r 2.1.1568??
Thanks,
Andre

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Hi. The procedure for updating varies on which firmware you have. For my 1170 image which I now see as being different to one shipped with the pad, the control is Home held and power on as described below. Some research has gleaned the additional aspects.

After deb-r2.1.1170 the update.zip feature was added whereas prior updating was by IMG files.Think this applied to 1480 as it was not an official release.
Having obtained a 1170 image form my Chinese supplier I was able to update from the factory reset build of deb-2.1.1001.
The 1170 image allows for updating by SD card containing update.zip.
To get into update facility hold down Home button and power on. keep Home pressed until Wowhome green wallpaper changes to options.
Use the vol button to select as follows.
1.Clear cache press Menu button.
2. Clear Factory press Menu button and use Vol to step to user data and press Menu.
3. Select Update from SD card, press Menu.

You will see progress bars and completion statement to reboot select BUT do not remove SD card. I did and got endless reboots until reading an article on the Aussie forum. DO NOT REMOVE SD until after system runs, you first get a caligration screen folowed by WowHome or SetupWizard, I chose the Wizard.
Should add that I had tried this several times and downloaded a copy of 1568 from Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: deb-r2.1.1568_update_zip__1_.zipYou will need your 20 digit registration number.
Regards. Graham.

Last edited:

gadgetman404

Dec 12, 2010
where do get upgrade from and how you do it any help please got x22o but other names apad wow pad hi pad flytouch II super pad thanks

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Hi Richardo!!
A have bought a new 4GB Micro SD Scandisk card and plugged it with the Adapter into my WXP PC USB SLOT.
Then from "my computer" I have it located right clicked on it and clicked Format.
I saw that it is already formated as FAT32.
In this case can I consider my SD card as suitable to accept the update zip file for deb-r 2.1.1568??
Thanks,
Andre

It should be yes, I suggest you run a backup then give it a go ;) The update's certaintly worth doing.

Please let us know how it goes

Good luck,
Richardo

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Just download Z4root and use it for very easy rooting...

I'm going to be honest, I'm confused. Just root the device, run the batch backup in Titanium backup then follow the instructions I posted, these have been confirmed to work

Hope this helps,
Richardo

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Follow the link in my signature for the most up to date instructions for updating, I hope it answers your questions about titanium backup.

Hope it helps,
Richardo

synco

Jan 19, 2011
While updating my new Infotmic Superpad - something happend and the whole thing crashed ? -- Now when I turn it on the infotmic name is displayed and then the whole screen just flashed Red - Green - Blue - white repeatedly - not else ?

Whatever I try I cannot seem to reboot the system?

I note that this forum mentions that you can load the updated O/S via micr SD card ? Can some please email or post a copy of the files so that I can store these on a SD card and reboot ? - hopefully this is possible?

thanks

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
I have sucessfully downloaded the update and it is sitting in the status bar, I click to view and install the update and it re-boots the tablet and gets as far as the first InfoTMIC screen, then it just sits there, it insists that I plug the charger in before it will run the update so I presume that it takes a while but I left it overnight so it ran for six hours and it was still sitting at the same screen, so i have done a re-set and am back to the update sitting in the status bar.

Can anyone advise on how long the upodate should take to install once it re-boots?

I have tried getting into the recovery menu using home + power, Screen + Power, Home + Volume - + Power, Screen + Volume - + Power, and again it just seems to freeze on the first InfoTMIC screen, how long should it take to boot to the recovery screen?

I tried holding the square back button and power and get a 5 second countdown, and if I press Home + Back + Power I get a countdown and then a message saying "no image found", and then a message saying "try to update from SD" but I then have to reset to carry on.

Stuck now, not sure what to try next.

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Synco.
Look at post #147 use the link. Most if not all he info you need is in these 15 pages.
Graham