Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Campaman. Do you know what version of deb you have at present, ie before the update?
Graham.

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Hi again!!
I am considering to abandon the option of backing up with Titanium backup because I have read that if anything turns out to be wrong
and I spoil my mobile device then I loose the warranty !!
So as an alternative application I am now considering to backup all my apps and users data with the MybackupPro
MyBackup Pro - Android app on AppBrain
which apparently does the same job regardless if their is a root access or not. Likewise I dont risk my warranty rights.
Further more being a newbee with root access process I want to avoid it. And MybackupPro can do it easier I guess.
Sorry for being undecisive but I prefer to make a thorough research before I embark on this project.
Bytheway I have got my Reg Code nbr. in the meantime.
Thanks a lot.
Andre

Jan 10, 2011
Campaman,

I am in exactly the same situation as you. I think I must have tried every possible key sequence in an attempt to get to the recovery screen. Most key presses end up with the pad freezing on the Infotmic screen. I have also had the countdown screen and the 'try to update from SD' screen.

I can't offer any solution, but hopefully one of the bright sparks on this forum will come up with a something.

Jan 19, 2011
I registered just now to report others that I upgraded to 1561 without any issue. My device is ?? it says Superpad with google in box and seller sold me as Flytouch 2.

I saw this update few days back but did upgrade today. All process took around 40 mins(with download being around 30 mins)

I see that my device has become a lot more responsive after upgrade.

I was very happy with this update but it seems that It broke Markets app!! Does anybody had similar issue? Any solution pointers?

I am in Japan by the way.

Thank you all for very nice community.:)

Last edited:

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
It would be great if someone can post a step by step guide to update to 1561 firmware update..

Is there anyone ????

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Campaman.
Can you describe the controls along the top edge on your Flytouch.
I can suggest that Menu + Home +Back + power will most likely take you back to a factory reset but be very careful as when I did this I finished up with version 1001.
I was able to get a 1170 IMG from my Chiniese supplier which turned out as being different to the 1170 shipped in the device.
I can tell you, that after power on the SD is checked for an update image(IMG) and this appears to be the case for all firmware versions. Regards Graham.

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
OK, I have from left to right: power button, volume + volume -, menu, home and then the wifi switch

Power Back & Home gives me a 5 second countdown screen, then a message saying something along the lines of no image to restore from, try sd update.

I have a update.zip file from the web on the sd card, but its a 16gb sdhc card, so not sure if thats any good.

I am presuming the update I have downloaded via system update is possibly corrupt so if I could find a way of deleting that and trying again, maybe that would work

conocelo

Jan 19, 2011
thanks for the instructions.

i have a problem i can enter the Android system recovery. but i cant acces the SD.
it says "E: cant mount SDCARD:update.zip"

Also when i enter to the system recovery i see on the botom "e:cant open /cache/recovery/command"

Last edited:

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Campaman.
Go to my #143 reply and download again.
Get a 1GB card, 16 is a not not!!!
Just a small Sd card put the update.zip on. But do use a real unziper like 7zip or Unzip, not the MS explorer one which opens on a click!!
Read the Readme and for the version you described the buttons should work. Use the method I described in #143.

I am not finding the 1568 update suitable for our text to speech use so it does appear that the deb build (DIBAN LINUX) has made some Chinese improvements and some degrades! I am not getting any speed or memory improvements either as are being reported.
My UNLOCK was very fast until I added new apps and Flash 10.1 just does not work even if it does on some phones!
Re make the SD and thentry Home down and then power on, remove power on at boot and waite for green WowHome screen. This is when you should get the extra options to use. Just keep the home button presse untill this occurs. Try this. Regards Graham.

psl

Jan 17, 2011
cha_indian.
There are a lot of posts on this forum on the method.
I started at page 1 and after 14 pages found several options to try.

So, 1. Try a Update from the existing app on your pad but you will have to have a network connection at a good download rate to get it.
Or: go to my reply #143, get the dowload, make a SD card 1GB max and if you have existing deb-r2.1.1170 you should be able to update from the update.zip file on the SD.
If you do have a different existing firmware (FW) to 1070 there are alternatives you need to advise us with.
Regards. Graham.

psl

Jan 17, 2011
Hi.
Is there anone who knows where deb-r2.1.1568 came from? The official release was 1561 but the uploaded version became 1568 and is listed as such in the FW build version. As this was a DEBAN LINUX build has someone just downloaded the 1561 version changed the version and then uploaded it to a range of servers? I cannot find any one in the FarEast arena aware of this version!
Just finding some parts of the 1568 build working in some odd ways!
Regards
Graham.

fritzy

Jan 15, 2011
I hate to throw a monkey wrench into this, but it seems there is a newer update. deb-r2.1.1623 as listed on this thred http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii/6433-firmware-update-deb-r2-1-1623-a.html?

I have loaded it and it seems to be working. I have also found a unofficial X220 Firmware update Change Log that states the 1623 looks like it has updates for Much faster page loads and general responsive and Dolphin HD preinstalled. If you want the link to the Unofficial X220 Firmware Update Change Log you can PM me or google the bold print.

**the unofficial firmware update change log is now showing a possible issue with using HDMI after updating to the new 1623**

Attachments

• $flytouchscreen.jpg
    $flytouchscreen.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 914
Last edited:

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
Hi.
Is there anone who knows where deb-r2.1.1568 came from? The official release was 1561 but the uploaded version became 1568 and is listed as such in the FW build version. As this was a DEBAN LINUX build has someone just downloaded the 1561 version changed the version and then uploaded it to a range of servers? I cannot find any one in the FarEast arena aware of this version!
Just finding some parts of the 1568 build working in some odd ways!
Regards
Graham.

Various ppl are taking credit for finding the other updates all over the net, (I dont give a Sh!* who gets credit, I did not make em!) which I believe are converted (custom) versions containing god know what with additions that do god knows what, maybe even steal god know what! and then they are re released. I dont trust anything thats not officail myself TBH! I myself stuck with the official update (deb-r2.1.1.1561) and am extreamly happy with the way my pads running.

@Johnfrankiej, ur a star m8 :)

Last edited:

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
Just a little update

I have figured out how to get into my recovery menu.

from machine off with no cards in the sd slots

Hold down the HOME button on the top then press the ON button.

DO NOT RELEASE EITHER BUTTON

WAIT

Whilst keeping both buttons pressed wait screens cycle INFOTMIC then the LIGHTING screen then goes into the recovery menu.

Also

See the Bricked your Apad

I finally managed to get the sd card formatted to 705 mb

and did the flash install, i'm using an older firmware and cant seem to update just now but hey! My APAD is working now.

Last edited: