Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

Danish

Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, my pad is now working :D I have had a lot of problems, but it worked with the autoboot from SD card.Make a auto insatll TF card to upgrade or recover flytouch 2 latest ROM | Android Time My problem with this autoboot was that I had to find and run the setup menu, before I run the winhex.exe and I didn't know that :/
My pad has now firmware 1460 and it works perfect. I can also enter recovery menu om my pad now (Power + Home), that also a new thing for me. So if I want another firmware in the future I don't think it will be a big problem. Thanks for all the help so fare :)

2krazykats

Dec 7, 2010
When updating, make sure that the SD card is between the two USB ports, and no other SD card is in the second slot.

I find that going into recovery mode is only possible with SD cards removed from both slots and no USB ports being used. Then when in recovery mode, I insert my SD card into the slot between the USB ports . etc....

Yeah I had all that already setup but no joy...

So, I plugged into an ethernet port and downloaded it. Much faster and easier than the SD card update!

I've noticed that the screen quite often won't come back when I try to get it out of "sleep" mode. I have to press it several times or try other buttons such as the Menu before it comes back. Is this a bug or a feature of the new build?

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Possible causes:

1. Check that you have correct update.zip in the root directory.
Some downloads needed to be unzip/unRar first.
2. Make sure your card is in the right slot - the one between the 2 USB slots.
3. Make sure card is formatted properly - FAT32!
4. Try a few different SD cards - I reserved 1 Strontium 4G card for all my Android ROM flashes (after a few others did not work)

thanks for the instructions.

i have a problem i can enter the Android system recovery. but i cant acces the SD.
it says "E: cant mount SDCARD:update.zip"

Also when i enter to the system recovery i see on the botom "e:cant open /cache/recovery/command"

Jan 10, 2011
took me 5 minutes to update

my flytouch

Well, unlike the 'genuis' known as Throwapot I have tried every variation of key presses to get in to the recovery screen, but none have worked. I can't believe that there is so much variation in the Flytouch 2 but the evidence seems conclusive.

I have downloaded the update at least five times in the hope that there has been an error in the download, but just get stuck at the Infotmic screen everytime.

My only hope is that someone who owns a Flytouch 2 the same as mine comes up with a solution, and what are the hopes of that!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

LTLFTCer

Jan 27, 2011
Something that worked for me, was to download, or find QuickBoot (need to be rooted). Open quick boot and choose recovery, right to where you need to be.

Last edited:

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
OK Hutch, how about a short lesson in basic troubleshooting and tech support for you and any newbies (and the "Genius" Throwapot) to the concept.

1. If you want someone to help, you need to supply some initial basic information. Protocal "#1" is: Identify the item on which you have the problem. For example like this:

Tablet PC: SuperPad (Flytouch 2)

Model Number: deb

Firmware Version: Android 2.1 Update 1

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 hzhao@emma #1

Build Number: deb-r2.1.1170

Certification: wowPad

Serial Number: 10300511875463xxxxxx

All that information is available on the tablet under "Setting".

2. Now, you outline your problem.

3. Now, you outline any steps you have taken to try and correct the problem. And that means everything you have done.

4. Now wait for someone to respond.

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
wtf

took me 5 minutes to update

my flytouch

the only reason it took so long

You need to be mindfull to the fact that there are several variants of the same machine, and what works for one machine will not work for another.

Furthermore, what works in one firmware may not work in another.

This is a friendly forum where we are all here to help each other not to riddicule.

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
You need to be mindfull to the fact that there are several variants of the same machine, and what works for one machine will not work for another.

Furthermore, what works in one firmware may not work in another.

This is a friendly forum where we are all here to help each other not to riddicule.

Hunnypot = wise/mature adult:cool:

ppl posting comments opposing this direction = immaturity & a lack of intelligence, also deserve a degree of pity :rolleyes:... (but not self pity!):p

Danish

Jan 15, 2011
Well, unlike the 'genuis' known as Throwapot I have tried every variation of key presses to get in to the recovery screen, but none have worked. I can't believe that there is so much variation in the Flytouch 2 but the evidence seems conclusive.

I have downloaded the update at least five times in the hope that there has been an error in the download, but just get stuck at the Infotmic screen everytime.

My only hope is that someone who owns a Flytouch 2 the same as mine comes up with a solution, and what are the hopes of that!?!

I have had all the same problems as you, try reading my post # 180

qpr1991

Jan 23, 2011
ANY ONE WHO CANT UPDATE AND HAVE TRIED EVERY KEY PRESS AND IT JUST HANGS AT THE INFOTMIC SCREEN READ MY TUTORIAL IT WILL HELP Mods please sticky my tutorial with a better name alot of people are having problems updating still

TUTORIAL

Danish

Jan 15, 2011
Nice tutorial, but I could't use system update app on my FT 2 with firmware 1170 or either get in to the recovery menu etc. But with the SD autoboot mode, everything works perfect now. I think its much easier then the USB mode.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I have noticed that the "Update" Icon, advising the availability of Firmware: deb-r2.1.1561, that has been in the upper left corner of the Desktop has been missing for a couple of days now.

Today, I finally got up the nerve to try updating Firmware: deb-r2.1.1170 today using the built in "System Update" app on my 10" SuperPAD. When I slected the "Check Update" button the server responce was "The latest version is already", meaning that the Firmware was at the latest update.

Also, is it at all possible that "Rooting" the tablet (mine is not Rooted) could be a factor in why the standard non-SD Card factory method for updates seems to fail and therefore manual updates are required?

Any thoughts about this would be appreciated?