Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
mine is running smooth, but slow. up to 71%. No crashes so far. I have not been using the pad, I've just let it do the download.
picture the scene (if u dare)..

its 5:37am, im sitting in bed with my wowpad "updating" on the bedside table to my left watching family guy on my htc wildfire (using twonky media server) while typing this post on my other android tablet (2.2) hoping my daughter will finally go back to sleep (knowing i will have to get up with her in an hour or two) so i can give my pregnant wife some extra sleep in time!) all this and i dont even think this update is going to work, what a night! aint life grand!!!
will post any success news later.

elister

Jan 1, 2011
It is asking for a registration code, which I believe used to be on a sticker on the back of the tablet, but wore off on the first day. I have no idea what my registration code is. Any ideas?

EDIT: So far its not an Android 2.2 update. Some of the built in apps look different.

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Yesterday I was having problems getting my Infotmic~wowpad to connect to Wi-fi, so I plugged in directly and I was surprised to see that I have an update waiting:
Update Version deb-r2.1.1561 (79.79MB)
Well it took over 3 hours to install and once finished it asked me to "update the downloaded package and to complete by pressing OK."
But I didn't do it because it warned me to close all open files and beware that the system will be closed and then reinstalled again..And also that I need to back up my docs and files first..But I don’t know how??
Now there is an exclamation mark on the status Bar indicating tha the update is stored on my system.
When I open it Gives the options to view or clear it...
I have shutdown and reboot the system and it works OK. But the exclamation mark remains on The left side of tha Status Bar
next to the "Home" button...​

If you visit the following link you will see that others could not finish the update because their system crashed.And they are advising to back up the system first and then proceed. But I don’t know How to back up.​

Please let me know what to do and if the back up is genuine or fake trying to hijack my Tablet PC.:confused:

Thanks a lot.​

Andre​

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
Hit 89%, thought it was going well so I started using some aps. dumb idea. crashed out big time... just turned on, didn't get stuck at the green screen (surprise).
download has continued from where it crashed, up to 90% *wipes sweat from forehead*

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
Hit 89%, thought it was going well so I started using some aps. dumb idea. crashed out big time... just turned on, didn't get stuck at the green screen (surprise).
download has continued from where it crashed, up to 90% *wipes sweat from forehead*
loll, not exactly a smooth process updating this thing is it!

mine is on 53% atm, hardly seems worth the bother judging by posts so far (and issues we have faced!) oh well!

btw, added u as friend and following u on twitter, just need to find a decent twitter apk now!

neil (aka:eek:rion_uk).

Jan 11, 2011
Mine took about 4 hours to download. After that it gave me full instructions on the screen and it is now all up and running. As I said before apart from the mentioned new folder I cant see what else has changed. However saying that it does seem alot quicker since the update.

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
Mine took about 4 hours to download. After that it gave me full instructions on the screen and it is now all up and running. As I said before apart from the mentioned new folder I cant see what else has changed. However saying that it does seem alot quicker since the update.

Thanks for the info ;)

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Hi Daren !!
First of all congratulations on your feat.
Then can you please explain about the instructions on the screen given to you.
Is it for back up etc..and do you perform all these during the final installation.??
Because I have too succeeded to download the package but Iam keeping it on the hold to start installation,
waiting from you people to find out if it is safe or not.
Does this process take a lot of time or approximately how much??I supose not as much as downloading it.
Thanks

Jan 11, 2011
Took about 5 minutes all in to install. Everything was reset back to factory settings so all apps etc were lost. It states to backup everything before install which I didnt do lol. The one thing I will say is that it will ask you to re enter the registration key. I know from experience that alot of the imports dont come with the reg key. My seller registers all his pads first and also forwards the key for this exact reason. Apparently there is an option in the settings menu to backup the data?

Hope this helps

janhidding

Jan 15, 2011
I already installed the new firmware. It takes indeed a lot of time to download it... Installing the new firmware was very easy. Unfortunately i had to install my apps again. You really need make a backup of your apps (for example with the app appInstaller) before installing the new firmware.

Does anyone what the changes are of the new firmware? I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

janhidding

Jan 15, 2011
In the beginning the tablet was indeed quicker. But after installing all my apps, i think it had the same speed with tje old firmware. Indeed, i saw also the app Store Manager.