Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

elister

Jan 1, 2011
The CCplayer now allows you to play from flashdrives/external storage... That's the one update I've really been looking for. The wifi also connects faster...

Richardo

Yup. I have two MicroSD cards (8 gig & 16 gig) with a 16 gig USB drive connected, allows to easy navigation to any of these drives.

fritzy

Jan 15, 2011
Before I loaded the 1568 build that I got from the link on this thread. I went back to the updater on my pad and it said latest version is already installed. And when I checked after installing the 1568 build it still says latest version installed. So I dont know why we have two similar builds out. Unless they did different builds for different regions/countries.

Jan 10, 2011
thanks for all the great info in this topic... right now restoring everything after update - will let you all know how it went.... question - what folder can I find the deb for the update in? (i have two flythouch2's and cant be bothered downloading it again for the other unit (have root access...) thx

Jan 10, 2011
am I missing something here (first time using titanium pro) but mods to change launcher etc seemed to have not been saved? also didnt remember my registration code - is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Superludox

Jan 7, 2011
I have problems with internet browsing after the firmware update.

When i want to go to a website, the page loads, but at the end of the page is loaded (i can see already the content in the browser) the browser crashes and turns back to the home screen. I used the normal Browser, Dolphin HD and Skyfire. The last two browsers i uninstalled, installed again but i still have the problem. Before the firmware update, internet browsing was working fine.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

Same problem here since the update. The pages are loading and randomly exiting to the home screen.
I confirm internet browsing was working fine before 1561.
Any workaround regarding this issue ?

big_happy_bob

Jan 16, 2011
Hi Peeps. I think I can solve the browser crashing issue. Did you by chance either install or re-install via backup a copy of Flash player (which incidentally never worked for me prior to the update or since)? If so just disable your browser plug-ins and problem solved. Has anyone actually managed to come up with a method of getting Flash to work yet? My update went really smooth btw even though it took 5 hours. Only problem was I had to uninstall the Market update as it just kept saying "server disconnected"

Jan 10, 2011
I have tried following the Readme notes that come with the deb - r2.1.1568 update, but when I hold down the Power button, Volume - and Home buttons, nothing happens, it just locks on the Infotmic screen. How do I get to the Update menu?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't actually need to update the firmware as my Flytouch 2 has been performing reliably, I have only had one hang in the two weeks I have owned it, that is until I started trying to update the thing. It just nigglers me that I can't do it.

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
re... the 1568 download supplied by johnfrankiej

Sorry. New here so I appoligise if this is a lame question.

I have the APAD with deb 2.1 by infotmic. will this update work on mine... do I just slap it on the sd card and run it from there. I am supposed to be updating to 1561 but its taken two days now and im only on 11 %

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2011
I have tried following the Readme notes that come with the deb - r2.1.1568 update, but when I hold down the Power button, Volume - and Home buttons, nothing happens, it just locks on the Infotmic screen. How do I get to the Update menu?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't actually need to update the firmware as my Flytouch 2 has been performing reliably, I have only had one hang in the two weeks I have owned it, that is until I started trying to update the thing. It just nigglers me that I can't do it.

To use the update via the recovery console rename the file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your micro sd card. With the card in the machine, reboot while holding down the big black home button. You'll be prompted with a 5 second countdown. During that 5 second countdown hold down the top home and menu buttons as well as the big black home button. After a few secs release, tablet will boot to pic of a planet with lightning or some bs around it, then to the recovery console where you can select to install update

If you get the sequence wrong and can't get into the console use the reset button on the bottom of the unit and then start again til you get it right

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
ok, this is strange. we have 2 versions out at the moment, 1561 and 1568.

So far mine is stable and working well.
Can people start listing what update they are running. Would like to know if there are any common problems for each update.

Hi all, I found this on XDA:

InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 114 - xda-developers

I have not had a chance to fully read the thread (or test this `update` out yet!) It may be a CUSTOM F/W ( so I will prob avoid until reading alot of poz!)

I will go through it later when my wife and daughter are being less demanding! ;)

If anyone else checks it out, please give us any handy info :)

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
After reading all the comments, I have decided to skip this rather less useful update....

So, in future if the Wow pad has a Android 2.2 update with Flash, will it install properly as intended or will it not work because I missed this 1561 update ?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Jan 10, 2011
So I can get to the countdown page by holding in the black Home key as I switch the power on. Next the above post from Black_Valkyrie says to hold down the top Home key and Menu key for as few seconds. That is where things stall for me and the pad just boots as normal, no recovery screen. Does anyone have the right key presses once one is on the countdown screen?

Thanks in advance.

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
After reading all the comments, I have decided to skip this rather less useful update....

So, in future if the Wow pad has a Android 2.2 update with Flash, will it install properly as intended or will it not work because I missed this 1561 update ?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

My guess is that it will try to install 1561 update 1st, then the newer one after you reboot from that update.. But thats just a guess! ;)